Connecticut

Ceremony music - strings

Hello! I'm trying to find a string ensemble for our ceremony next October in Hartford.  I would be ok with 2-3 musicians.  I found some but the prices are so high!  Our ceremony is only half an hour (tops!) and I find it hard to pay a duet group more money then what my fiance makes in an hour (he's an er dr.)  I looked up some ensembles from Yale and Hart but I couldn't find out how to contact them.  Thanks so much! :)

Re: Ceremony music - strings

• edited December 2011
    gigsalad.com is where we found ours. They are not cheap though and most will only come out for a 2hour minimum.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might want to try gigmasters.com
    I was thinking about having a string quartet (or maybe 2 or 3 people)play at the ceremony and this website allows a whole bunch of vendors to send you their bids. I ended up going with my band because they only charged a little more to have one of their musicians play strings, but I got a lot of bids from that website. 
  • ktanddevangktanddevang member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is also in Hartford and we are having "quartetto vivo" play at ours. You can book a quartet, trio, or duo. Their website is:

definitely listen to their audio samples! They are great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beach32683beach32683 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank you all so much! i'll definitally look into all of them.
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know someone who went to school at Hartt and she mentioned about calling up their gigline.  I haven't tried that yet!  Hopefully this can help :)
  • edited December 2011
    check out the hart school of music for some awesome student musicians!
    university of hartford
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards