Honeymoon Discussions

Trying to plan an Atlantis honeymoon

Has anyone ever been there or is planning their honeymoon at the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas? I know they have a honeymoon special going on but not sure if it is worth it. I have also heard that absolutely NOTHING is included at the Atlantis and you even have to pay to sit by the pool.. Does anyone know anything about this?

Re: Trying to plan an Atlantis honeymoon

• We recently planned a trip as a graduation present for my stepdaughter. I was originally booked at the Atlantis, since I thought she would really enjoy the property, but as I looked more and more into it, I realized that it was going to be ridiculously expensive. Even their meal plans seemed outrageous! I did not hear anything about paying to sit by the pool, though. Given the size of the property, I am wondering, though, if they have a fee to sit in a more exclusive area. That being said, the ONLY reason I considered going there is because we were bringing a child. I would never want to go there for a HM, or at least IMHO. It's big, it's loud, and there are tons of kids. Maybe not so much in October, but it's just so super family friendly. I'm not sure what type of HM you are looking and what your budget is, but I would look into another property.

• Thank you guys so much! I actually didn't know that we can get into the pools, waterparks, aquarium, ect even if you weren't staying at the hotel. Since I just found that out I may look into staying at a close all inclusive resort and visiting the atlantis for all the things we want to do. The only thing that is making it so hard to book is the cost of things at the resort.
  • I would not suggest staying at the Atlantis for a HM. I stayed there about 10 years ago and had a great time, but it is extremely packed and very family-oriented. Def. not somewhere you'd want to be for a HM. The hotel itself (rooms/food/drinks/activies/etc.) is very expensive because nothing is included. I would def. recommend going there on a normal vacation but not a HM. Ten years ago, we did not have to pay to sit by the pool, but that could have changed.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • We are going on a cruise for our Honeymoon.  One of the stops is Nassau.  We plan on also getting a day pass.  I would like to check it out for the day and make sure we like it before I would pay to stay a week there.  I just want to go in the lazy river and go on some water slides.  It looks so pretty.  I think it will be a good day trip.  I am just afraid of there being a ton of kids.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • We are going in the off season so I don't think it will be as packed with kids and families. We would be going Oct 21st - Oct 25th or 26th and then we are going to FL.
  • i stayed there a few years ago. while the property is nice it's teeming iwth kids and cruise ship day guests, and i found it to be extremely over=priced. i dont mind paying for outstanding food and service but I didn't find either outstanding there.

imo-go elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards