Connecticut
Options

Bridal Shower location ideas needed

Hi ladies.  I'm a former CT Knottie (I used to be Heather&Alexi if there are any old timers on here) from back in 2008 and it's been forever since I've been on this board.  I'm going to be Matron of Honor in my BFF's October wedding and I would really like to have an old fashioned tea party themed bridal shower for her.  There will be about 40-45 guests invited (expect around 30 to attend) and our budget is tight.  I've been trying to think of an appropriate venue, but am coming up blank.  Do any of you have any suggestions of where we could hold it?  It would be on a Saturday in the early afternoon at the end of Sept. and I really only want to serve tea cakes, crumpets, small apps, tea, etc.  I don't mind bringing the food in from outside.  TIA
~DD born 3-25-10~DS born 6-5-12~
imageimage
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: Bridal Shower location ideas needed

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure where you're looking in CT but the Spa at Norwich Inn has an "Afternoon Tea" menu for bridal showers, etc.
    Not sure how budget friendly they are?  I don't have any direct experience with them but visited their website a few times when I was trying to come up with shower, engagement party ideas etc...
    http://www.thespaatnorwichinn.com/weddings_socials.aspx

If your budget is tight though, would someone be willing to open up their home? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a bridal tea shower about 4 years ago at the farmington country club. idk anything else about it tho i would assume any type of country club would cater to what you want, not sure budget wise tho or if you have to be a member to host parties there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My boss's daughter's shower was at the Simsbury Inn, they loved it!
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should take a look at the Pondhouse. It sits in the middle of a garden park. They can divide the room as well (very elegant looking) for a smaller party.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards