Connecticut

budget for hair/make

Would anyone be willing to share an approximate cost for wedding hair and make up as well as trials?

Re: budget for hair/make

• edited December 2011
    It depends on who you use and if they travel to you.

My hair was $85 and $20 for the trial - she came to the house to do hair. II did my own make-up but I purchased a bunch of MAC products in order to do so and that was a little pricey.

I've seen as low as $50 and as high as $200 just for hair - I think it really depends on who you go with. I'd budget at least $200 just to be on the safe side.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Dana Bartone.  All of her rates are on her website.  A lot of them list their rates on their sites, so you should give them a look.  A lot of people on TK recommend Dana Bartone, Naomi Martinez... Adam Broderick.  I believe all three of those do both hair and makeup so you should be able to get a good idea from them.  Those three are high in demand and very experienced, so if you're looking to keep the budget lower, I'm sure there are other options but I don't know who would be good to recommend to you.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_budget-hairmake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:1f4c2728-1ee3-49d4-b088-4b8ae43e8667Post:c1f2c16d-3329-4388-b360-a540031f3631">Re: budget for hair/make</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm using Dana Bartone.  All of her rates are on her website.  A lot of them list their rates on their sites, so you should give them a look.  A lot of people on TK recommend Dana Bartone, Naomi Martinez... Adam Broderick.  I believe all three of those do both hair and makeup so you should be able to get a good idea from them.  Those three are high in demand and very experienced, so if you're looking to keep the budget lower, I'm sure there are other options but I don't know who would be good to recommend to you.
    Posted by akulaji[/QUOTE]

DITTO

I used Dana Bartone as well and she was AMAZING... all these vendors have there prices listed on there website. As well as the cost depends on what you get done and what type of makeup ie airbrush etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and my mom paid for my hair and makeup my hair I believe was around $100.00 my makeup was around that as well, and I also got fake eyelashes

HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hair for me was about $130 + tip day-of, which IMHO was a rip off.  i did half up and curled, so it wasn't even very complicated.  trial was $70, and for my trial she did the half-up thing first and then an updo.

i bought MAC products for my makeup.  i spent about $100 on products (but i bought more than just stuff for my wedding) and the session to have them show me what to do was included.  you only need to buy 3 products there, so you can get away for probably $50 or so...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards