Connecticut

Vintage/Rustic Venue

I am looking for a vintage or rustic type venue, preferably with outdoor and indoor options. Any suggestions?

Re: Vintage/Rustic Venue

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_vintagerustic-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:20f58804-6967-409e-b45f-11c5cdc443a3Post:4a06c52f-f03d-4fef-a4e9-4173bbdcb71f">Vintage/Rustic Venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for a vintage or rustic type venue, preferably with outdoor and indoor options. Any suggestions?
    Posted by smgaffne[/QUOTE]

One of my favorite rustic wedding venues are barns, love them! CT has several, the Barns at Wesleyan Hills and the Webb Barn. Depends on your price point. I think the Barns is beautiful indoors (even comes with a tent) and outside for ceremony, but found them to be pricey.  The other venue I really liked when I was looking was the Pond House, for reception and Elizabeth Park Rose Garden for ceremony.  In the end we decided on St. Clements Castle, their beautiful outdoor atmosphere on the CT river is amazing. 
    Good luck with your search :)
  • All of the venues mentioned in the previous post are great! You could also look into the Lace Factory in Deep River. The venue is amazing, but I did not have a good experience with the woman who runs it (in connection with Cloud Nine Catering). The owner is really rude, however, you may be able to deal with one of the other employees (who tend to be much nicer!). 

I am a Webb Barn bride. Feel free to message me with any questions you have about the venue. Good luck!!
  • agree with the above posts on venues :) I am getting married at the barns at wesleyan hills in April. Let me know if you have any questions.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thank you! I will look into them :) I love the Barns, but am trying to keep it a little bit less expensive than that, so I'm grateful for the other suggestions!
  • I wanted the same things and chose Webb Barn in Wethersfield. I'm SO excited. I like that they allow my dogs and outside catering!
  • Check out Pavilion on Crystal Lake in Middletown.  It's also owned by CT Wedding Group (the same as the Barns at Wesleyan Hills). I'm having my reception there at the beginning of May.
    May 2013 January Siggy Challenge:Cake inspiration image
  • Try Country Loft Antiques in Woodbury - it's more reasonably priced than The Barns at Wesleyan, and it's beautiful!
  • I fell in love with the Barns at Wesylan Hills also, but it was way out of our budget. We ended up picking Tunxis Plantation in Farmington. Its a covered pavillion, and has sides that can come down in case of rain, but we liked it because it seemed relaxed and comfortable where our guest could kick back and enjoy each other, and us! It's nessled in the trees and def has an outdoorsy feel.
  • Wrights Mill Farm has indoor and outdoor options, patio etc. They are very helpful and nice. Curt is the owner and always answers my emails very quickly. They are affordable and are more than willing to work within a budget! Good luck and message me if you want to talk more!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards