Connecticut
Options

Ring Sized

Hi!!
Does anyone know where I can get my ring sized in a day? I don't want to be without it for 2 weeks!

Thanks!

Re: Ring Sized

• Options
    lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    the bigger stores like Kays, Beckers, etc won't do it in a day.  I believe they have to send everything out.  You may want to try the family jewelry stores as they may be able to do it onsite. 
  • Options

I know Anderson Jewelers in East Hartford does sizing on-site but I'm not sure if you have to buy the ring from them. 

• Options
    my ring is from Harstans.  I called ahead to see if the person who did ring sizing would be in so it could be done on the spot.
  • Options
    after I posted my original comment I called my fiance since he works at his family jewelry store. He says be careful of places that do onsite.  He's heard from people that have come into his store that they're not happy with the fitting that was done right then and there.  Sometimes those places dont take the time that it needs.  Also, depending on the type of ring it may take more special attention.

I completely understand that you don't want to part with it for 2 weeks.  When my fiance proposed it was slightly too small (7.5 needed to be 7.75).  I was hoping that it would be an easy fix so we went straight to the store.  He was able to do it there and I was so happy.  I didn't want to have to send it off to his guy and wait.  Cuz what girl doesn't want to go to work the next day and show her ring off!
  • Options
    The ring sizer at harstans is also the ring maker and had crafted my ring so it wasn't an issue for me, but I can see how you might run into places that don't resize correctly
  • Options
    American Diamond Exchange will do it on the spot (costs a little more but worth it)!!
  • Options

I think Hannoush might do it same day if you drop it on the day their jeweler is in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't want to cut my ring but I needed it sized down so I got sizing beads and Baribult Jewelers in Glastonbury did it on the spot for me.  It took about an hour but I got it back the same day.  I love them bc I can take them out if I need to.  I've heard so many horror stories about side diamonds falling out bc they weren't tightened right and I have a ton of tiny diamonds in my band.  I highly recommend the sizing beads!
  • Options
    I had to have my ring sized down also and I went to Baribault Jewelers in Glastonbury.  I didn't get sizing beads or anything, they just resized it perfectly for me and I have little diamonds all on the side of my band.  They did an awesome job, and it only took one day.  It was $100.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards