July 2012 Weddings

Lets talk budget

How many of you are over you initial budget? If so by how much? My original budget was 7k. I wanted a small wedding. My budget has now grow to about 13k.

Re: Lets talk budget

• At the beginning, I said that I would be happy with any number below 15K. We are at 13,900 so I can't ask for anything better than that.
  • In Response to Re:Lets talk budget:[QUOTE]At the beginning, I said that I would be happy with any number below 15K. We are at 13,900 so I can't ask for anything better than that. Posted by penny12986[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous! Lol
  • I'm about 20% over budget, but that's assuming we have 200 people attend. If only 150-160 attend (like we expect) we'll be a lot better off, but still over.

My mom told me a certain number but I knew it was on the low-end and she told me once (over a glass of wine) that she was surprised we actually will end up being pretty close to it.

It's an exorbitant amount of money to begin with, so I really do hope we end up being closer to the original budget rather than over by 20%.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It wil depend a lot on our RSVPs, but it's looking like we will be over by about 20%. Our catering is the biggest portion of our budget, so if a lower number than we're expecting RSVP yes, than we will probably be close to budget. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2012
    Our original budget was $10k. Ha, that seems so funny now. But to be fair, I had a destination wedding in mind.

If 100% of people we invite show up we'll be just over $30k. Gag me with a spoon. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far based on my figures I will be over by between 600-$1000 of my budget. However, my father is paying for it so that doesnt' account into his tux, and the honeymoon. Still wondering how that's going to go over...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well alot is still up in the air as far as budget goes but I have a feeling that we are going to be over. FI originally told me that he wanted to keep it under 15k, and with our 75 ppl guest list that seemed perfect. When our caterer/bar came in much cheaper pp, FI decided to invite everyone lol. As of now we are still under but I"m guessing we will end up closer to 20k. Especially now that we are looking at about 125ppl.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having an intimate wedding "weekend".. 7 guests.. (parents and FI's daughter)... we planned on less than 5k.  We're at 10k now and still have a bit more to buy... 
  • Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We budgeted $20,000 (including HM) and right now we are around $19k. All  that is left to do is figuring out limos, party favors and WP gifts.
    ~ES~
  • hmm.  as of right now we are actually a little bit under budget...BUT that is going to depend on RSVPs. If we have 60 people or so not able to come, we will be under budget. If that is only 20-30 people who can't come, we will be over. we have added a bunch of wiggle room in so HOPEFULLY we will end up OK....
  • Depends on how many guests RSVP.  If we have 100% attendance (which isn't expected since it's a semi-DW), we'll be about $3-4k over the initial budget thanks to my dad wanting an open bar.  We're only expecting about 80-100 to show though (about 50%).  I guess we'll find out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • We were originally at $25k and I think we will be in the $30-35k range.  It all depends on how many people show up, if its around 150 and not the full 175 that we invite we will be close to $30k.  We splurged a bit on our honeymoon and the spending money for that is in the figure as well.

Anniversary
  • Uh, I stopped keeping track LOL I am really only keeping track of the large things (venue, catering, etc). I just don't really want to know at this point. I know, totally against the rules.
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:ca696564-294a-4dd2-9499-b58c3167b604Post:989b5e87-905b-46eb-9822-5817dca01abd">Re: Lets talk budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Uh, I stopped keeping track LOL I am really only keeping track of the large things (venue, catering, etc). I just don't really want to know at this point. I know, totally against the rules.
    Posted by owengirl996

Me too! Lol
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards