Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Argentina

Has anyone used a travel agent for hotel booking and travel booking between cities in Argentina?  We have found a few companies but most don't have many online reviews.  Thank you in advance.

Re: Argentina

• Options
    No, we did the planning ourselves.  TripAdvisor was a big help ;)
  • Options
    i personally hate most travel agents. most dont know squat about international travel.

that being said- if you wanted to do the research for the trip on your own, decide wha you want to do, and the TA gets you abetter deal- then i say go for it. but do not rely completely on the travel agents to tell you what to do.

• Options
     Which places are you thinking of going to?  We're thinking of going to Argentina for our HM as well, and might meet with a TA to see what flight deals they can get us, but I don't think it should be too bad to plan yourself.  Have you done any traveling before? It may not be as overwhelming as you think.
  • Options
    I've been to Argentina twice and have never used a travel agent.  Then again, I never use travel agents...so perhaps I'm biased.

Places you should go:
    Mendoza (wine country)
    Buenos Aires
    El Calafate

Good luck!
  • Options
    I went to Argentina two years ago. My friend and I went to Buenos Aires, Mendoza and Puerto Madryn (fly into Trelew). We didn't use an agent and flew Aerolineas throughout the country. It was really easy to book online. Puerto Madryn was awesome, I would definitely recommend it. In case you want some hotel ideas, we stayed at the Claridge in Buenos Aires (they have a pool and great breakfast), The Park Hyatt in Mendoza and had the best spa day and then in Peurto Madryn we stayed at the Territorio. Let's just say the little bell hop had his parents drop us off at dinner one night when there was a city wide black out and the cab driver couldn't get us. Nice is an understatement at that hotel. WE went on a couple of tours ,fishing, horseback riding and the last one even dropped us off at the airport an hour away. One of the best trips ever!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards