Connecticut
Options

Anthony's Ocean View - Ceremony

We have decided to have our ceremony right at our reception venue, Anthony's Ocean View, instead of our church. They have booked us for a beach ceremony but I came up with the idea of having it in the garden area (not the gazebo, but by the pretty waterfall area). Does anyone know if they allow this? Has anyone actually done this? I am going to call or email them and ask but I just wanted to see if anyone on here had experienced a ceremony in the garden area and how it went.

Re: Anthony's Ocean View - Ceremony

• Options
    I'm pretty sure you can just ask them!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you, KLS. I do plan to ask them but I posted here because I wanted to see how other people's experiences were :)
  • Options
    Were doing our cemermony and reception at Anthony's as well. When we toured it they had a wedding going on and a lot of people were standing by the waterfall watching it. I think it would work, but theres not as much space there so might be harder for all the guests to see. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you doing your ceremony on the beach as well? I sent them an email so hopefully they say yes! The more pictures I look at to try and form my vision the more I realize that I want a garden ceremony.
  • Options
    YES! They replied! My dream garden ceremony is going to happen! <3
  • Options
    Hello!

This is my first post on this board, but I'm getting married at Anthony's too! I am booked for a beach reception, but I also was thinking that I'd love to do it infront of that waterfall too! I wasn't sure if I'd be able to though, since that part of the "garden" is sectioned for the upstairs room. We are in the far left room, I think its called the Lilly room? I'm thinking that as long as they don't have anything booked for the upstairs room on our night, that maybe they'll allow me to use that waterfall section for my ceremony? Our wedding is a Thursday night, so it may be possible that they wont have anything booked that night! Or, even if they do have something booked for upstairs that night, maybe they'll still allow me to use it since I'll have the 1st ceremony of the night at 6pm.

Either way, I'm sure it will all be beautiful! When is your wedding date? Getting very excited :-)

P.S- I have seen photo's of a wedding done in front of that waterfall and it looked great- I think I googled something like "Anthony's Oceanview Wedding Photos" and it pulled up a photographers website with pictures from a wedding there in the past.
  • Options
    Hi HBrown!

My wedding is on a Thursday night too! It is on June 5, 2014. We have the upstairs room, the Paradise room. When I emailed them they said the waterfall was the garden section of the Paradise Room. However, I suggest you call and ask. When I booked my ceremony there, I told them that if it rains I refuse to have the ceremony in the same room as the reception. In my opinion it is tacky. They told me if nothing else was booked there that night, I could have my ceremony downstairs in a different room. I assume they would tell you the same if someone isn't using the garden area.
  • Options
    Thanks Linds0390 - I'm so glad to meet another Thursday night bride at my same venue! I get a little anxious about the Thursday night now and then - but then I remember the huge discount we're getting- not only just at Anthony's! My vendors have been giving me some awesome deals and discounts for the Thursday night!

I'll be contacting them soon! See you on the boards!
  • Options
    HBrown - When is your wedding?

I was so nervous about booking a Thursday wedding because my fiance's entire family is out of state. However, when they showed me how much I was saving, I was in. I still get nervous but I remind myself that I am having my dream venue at half the price.
  • Options
    HBrown I sent you an inbox message.
  • Options
    Hello ladies,
    We just booked out ceremony/reception at Anthony's for June of 2014 and plan on the beach ceremony. We have the Paradise Garden/Room and you just made me realize that we didn't even ask if the ceremony would be taking place in the same room as the reception if the entire day/night was a rain washout! Eep! I am not sure how the ceremony even fits into the reception room! There was a party going on in the room so we weren't able to walk in and look around- just kind of saw it from the door.

We are planning an entirely outdoor ceremony/clambake reception (laidack) and now I'm nervous. WIth over a year to go it's too soon to be nervous! LOL.

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_anthonys-ocean-view-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:35422e6f-f2ab-441c-86f3-9c60b15d493bPost:39a163e7-d9a5-41ec-ad80-bc7b2870d95a">Re: Anthony's Ocean View - Ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi HBrown! My wedding is on a Thursday night too! It is on June 5, 2014. We have the upstairs room, the Paradise room. When I emailed them they said the waterfall was the garden section of the Paradise Room. However, I suggest you call and ask. When I booked my ceremony there, I told them that if it rains I refuse to have the ceremony in the same room as the reception. In my opinion it is tacky. They told me if nothing else was booked there that night, I could have my ceremony downstairs in a different room. I assume they would tell you the same if someone isn't using the garden area.
    Posted by linds0390[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards