Connecticut
Options

AquaTurf girls - RD location suggestions

Hi - looking for resteraunt suggestions for our RD...our rehersal is a little on the later side on the Friday before our wedding so I want to have the RD someplace close by the AquaTurf rather than going into Hartford where there would be lots more choices but we wouldn't sit down to eat until much later than most of our guests would prefer.

I am not that familiar with stuff in the immediate area and only saw the 2 recommended places on the AquaTurf's website (Confetti and New Mill). Wondering if anyone could suggest alternatives also in the very nearby area.

TIA!
The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013

Re: AquaTurf girls - RD location suggestions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The new mill is REALLY REALLY nice. I actually live right near the Aqua Turf.

The new mill is very pricey. Confetti's is a great place as well. We got married at the Turf's sister property The Farmington Club, and had our RD at The Manor Inn which is RIGHT near the Aqua Turf.

How many people are you planning on haing for the RD? There is Bonterra, Anthony Jacks those are all downtown in Southington and VERY close to the Turf.

HTH
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just to second that- I LOVE new mill as well!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the replies! I actually found Bonterra by Googling...I like their Wine Room idea.

I figure we will be expecting about 25 people for our RD. We're also hosting it ourselves since FI's parents are not in a position to do that so we're trying to keep it reasonable. The New Mill looks lovely but also very pricey...Bonterra actually worked out - with my quick calculations - to be half the price...

I will take a look at Anthony Jacks, too...thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that wine room Bonterra has is very nice and will accomodate the amount of people you are having
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I third the New Mill.  I love Anthony Jacks, but I'm not sure they have a private room.  J. Timothy's in Plainville has private rooms and a more casual, tavern-like atmosphere.  Also, check out Cava on Rte 229 in Bristol (just over the Southington line).  The food is good and the atmosphere is beautiful.  I'm not sure if they do private parties, though.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone!  I appreciate your replies. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards