Connecticut
Options

Photog Advice..

Hi everybody! So I signed a contract with a photog (not to be named) months ago. Saw their previous work, loved it. The problem is, communications is terrible. Non-existent. It takes me sending follow-up emails that say "Hey did you get that email I sent last week with the very important time-sensitive questions?" to even warrent a response, and then they are MIA for however long until I send another email like that.

I have my E-session coming up and am totally in the dark. Vague time, vague place, and no information otherwise. I have sent an email still with no response.

I understand that photogs are busy trying to keep up with the backlog from Summer weddings, but I am a PAYING (and not cheap) customer and I don't know how to go about this.

Re: Photog Advice..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you want to stick with the photog at this point, or are you looking to switch to another one?

If you're trying to stay with the photog, I'd probably call them or email them and mention how you're really uncomfortable with their lack of communication, and that you don't feel you can trust them/getting your money's worth/etc. If they're a legitimate photog, they should want to make you happy and comfortable, and try to rectify the situation- especially if you mention you're concerned about their ability to perform at the wedding. You can also look in your contract to see if there is anything about communication in it. Some people may suggest threatening to leave bad reviews, but I personally wouldn't be able to go that far.

Some people may suggest giving the vendor an ultimatium- either improve their communication by X date, or they will have failed their portion of the contract, and you will demand your money back.

If you're looking to switch, the best you can do is check your contract and see if you can get your deposit back. You could claim that they failed to fulfil their end of the contract because you couldn't communicate with them, and ask for your money back.
  • Options
    Agreed! I would call so you cover all your basis and "I never got the email" is not an option. Call, leave messages, note time and dates of your messages to cover yourself. I feel that no one should have to work to get their vendor's business!
  • Options
    I think you should just be honest and let her/him know what you just said.  Maybe ask the photographer to arrive 10 min. earlier to the session to talk. 

abc
  • Options
    I would try to call them to get them on the phone and tell them how you are feeling- maybe something is happening in your photog's life that is screwing with their communication- or maybe they are away since it isn't high wedding season around here right now.

You want to make sure that you feel comfortable with your photographer though- try to clear things up now...if there is bad blood and you are uncomforatble at any of the shoots (E-pics and especially wedding day)- you aren't going to look happy in your pics- I just read a blog post from http://theknottybride.com/ about a bride not getting along with her photog and she didn't like any of her pics when they got them becuase she didn't seem comfortable in any of them.. The blog post actually kind of scared me!  Luckily, I really like my photographer so far, our E-pics and I like her work- but if you are uneasy at this point, I would just call your photog and tell him/her how you are feeling so you can get it off your chest and either move forward with that person, or in another direction. GL!
  • Options
    Ditto the pp. I would call & express your concerns. Hopefully things will improve!
    GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would be a bit careful, try to come up with something like "is it possible my emails are ending up in your spam bucket or something because I'm not getting a response from you". I would call them and say this. You don't want your vendor to dislike you if they are in a creative field I worked in graphic design for years and when I had a difficult client it gave me a bit of a creative block. But you deserve better treatment. I did just have a friend who got a new job and email and had the spam filter set too high and was not getting some emails so it is possible etc Also some people just do not communciate via computer well even in these days I know of people who don't so make phone call and ask them what is the best way for me to contact you so I can get a faster response because I have to plan this wedding around your services etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards