Connecticut

Amarante's New Haven or The Waterview Monroe

I think we've narrowed it down to these very different venues for our March wedding reception. We are going to look at both of them again this weekend, but I'd love to hear opinions on either. Has anyone been to a wedding, or had their wedding at either? Thanks!!

Re: Amarante's New Haven or The Waterview Monroe

• SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I attended weddings at both places last year, and I'd have to say the Waterview in Monroe is hands down much nicer! Their venue is gorgeous, big open rooms, nicer and newer stuff, better food, etc..

Amarantes has a nice view if you have an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour, but the inside is outdated and the reception room we were in had a really weird set up kind of like an L shape and the dance floor was in a completely separate room. So everyone had to get up and stand to watch the first dance, the cake cutting, etc.. instead of from their seats like at every other wedding I've ever been to.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding at Amarante's we just loved it there. pp is right the smaller room is a funny shape but if you get the ballroom that's not an issue. The staff are super friendly and everyone is very helpful. Good luck im sure which ever you pick it will be perfect!
  • Whtara10Whtara10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked in to amarantes and it does seem really nice. I've been to 2 wedding at waterview and absolutely loved it! For a while that was where I planned to get married but I realized I wanted a beach wedding so I'm going with lighthouse point park. But waterview is amazing and I highly recommend it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • courtneyymicourtneyymi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just attendad a wedding at Amarantes on Saturday. The food was good and the day was beatiful but the room seemed a bit crowded. I'm not sure how many guest you are having but there were 250 guests at this wedding and it was tight. There were 10 to a table and my FI and I were practivally sitting on each other's lap. Also, it was a day wedding and it seemed a bit rushed. Before we knew it we were eating our meal on one side of the room, the other side had already cleared tabese and the bride and groom were cutting the cake. At the end of the event the staff were removing chair covers while people where still sitting in their chairs. These may seem kind of silly to mention but figured it was some honest criticsm whether goof or bad. My FI and I had a decent time and the bride & groom were extremely happy so in the end thats all that really matters. I hope this helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I love the Waterview. Hands down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i vote Waterview!!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I went to a wedding at the Waterview in May.  The food was good but their cocktail hour was terrible.  They had a round table station for people to get their own hors d'oeuvres and it was like a round about in a traffic circle.  You couldn't get near it.  Then they also had passed hors d'oeuvres but we never got any because whoever was serving them only stayed in one area.  So that part was disappointing.
    My daughter got married at Amarantes a month ago.  We had 151 people in the ballroom and it was beautiful.  The day was spectacular so the views were gorgeous.   She got married there and when we were walking down the aisle the staff made sure everyone who walked out was buttoned correctly, hands perfect, etc. The attention to detail by the staff was amazing.  I had guests writing me thank you notes because they loved the food and wedding --many of these people are hard nosed New Yorkers too!  You can't beat their prices either.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards