Honeymoon Discussions

**Jells**

I'm back from Lizard Island - wow!  The island itself is so gorgeous.  The hikes there are great, the beaches were fabulous... and the snorkeling was incredible.  Do you snorkel/SCUBA?  If you didn't do the full-day snorkel trip and you do snorkel... make sure you do it the next time you go back! 

I definitely agree with the TripAdvisor reviews who say the rooms could stand to be revamped - overall I was pretty underwhelmed (but I had just come from Qualia and moved on to Longitude so I admittedly had a pretty high bar).  I told Robyn, the manager, as much when I checked out (on the feedback form) and she made some sort of excuse about their remote location... but those rooms are not luxury, IMO.  Nice, but the bathrooms were super below luxury and I was like, 'If the Four Seasons Bora Bora can have such nice rooms, so can you.'  But that's really my only complaint about it.  The food was incredible and the small plane flight was actually really enjoyable!

Anyway, thanks much for the advice about Lizard before - absolutely loved the snorkeling and I would totally return if I was in Australia.  They said they're closing in February for the month to do some repairs (I think on the boardwalk and whatnot), so if you go back look to see what has changed!
Vacation

Re: **Jells**

• Hey! So glad to hear you liked it! I initially thought the same thing about the rooms, but they grew on me. I'm quite the minimalist so I appreciated the simplicity. I'm not sure if you've ever been to Le Taha'a in French Polynesia, but I went there for the first time back when they first opened and while they need some renovations now, I thought their rooms had a "simple barefoot luxury" feel. I really like that and Lizard Island's room decor reminded me a bit of that. Anyway, we did the half day snorkeling trip, as my DH is not the best swimmer, but he loved it so we're going to try a full day next time. I started planning our trip back for our anniversary, but I'm a bad stepmom and forgot that my stepdaughter is going off to college for the first time in August, so we need to be around to move her in and get her settled. Oops! LOL So, instead, we're going to try and stay a bit closer to home and go back next year. What did you think of qualia? We want to visit somewhere else prior to going to Lizard and are open to ideas! Also, I know you travel alot- have you been to the St. Regis Bahia in Puerto Rico? We have to be on the East Coast a few times this Spring/Summer for my brother's wedding and festivities, so we thought we'd go down there. I don't know anyone who has been.

Anyway, glad you had such a good time and welcome back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards