Connecticut

Bridal Shower Question

Hi Ladies! I got tons of wedding stuff done over the past days and I can't wait to share some with you tommorow!

First, I have a question..a what would you do/what is the proper etiquette for this..

My MOH has requested a list of guests I want at my bridal shower. I have had a male friend, A, for several years now. I'm also close with his father, mother and sister. A began dating a girl over a year ago now that strongly dislikes me ( I've been told she didn't like how close we were, we were seriously just close friends!) and as a result I do not talk to/see A as much.

A and his girlfriend are invited to my wedding, along with his mother, father and sister.I would like his mother and sister at my shower, as I still talk to them, but I'm not sure if I need to invite A's girlfriend. I feel like inviting his mother and sister would be rude if I don't invite his girlfriend, but at the same time, girlfriend doesn't like me and has more or less made this clear. I have only met her once or twice, so it's not like we're even remotley close at all. Thoughts? Would you include her in your guest list for a bridal shower? Is it rude not to?

PS- I'm not planning my own shower in anyway, just giving the list of must have people to MOH :)

Re: Bridal Shower Question

• I may be wrong, but I would definitely not invite her.  IMO, the shower is supposed to be a gathering of close family/friends.  It's great that you're inviting her to the wedding but I would skip the shower invite. It makes sense that you're inviting his mom and sister.

Can't wait to hear about all of your CHECKS!
  • If it's a SO then you don't need to invite them to the shower.  But on the other hand, you could always extend the invitation and talk to A about it and say you understand if she doesn't feel comfortable coming or doesn't want to, but you didn't want to be rude.  Or even talk to his mom or sister about it and see what they think....I'm sure they are aware of the situation.
  • In Response to Re: Bridal Shower Question:
    [QUOTE]I may be wrong, but I would definitely not invite her.  IMO, the shower is supposed to be a gathering of close family/friends.  It's great that you're inviting her to the wedding but I would skip the shower invite. It makes sense that you're inviting his mom and sister. Can't wait to hear about all of your CHECKS!
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

This exactly!
    imageAnniversary
  • agree with PPs--no need to invite her!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_bridal-shower-question-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:4c432805-e5ae-4602-8606-fe1417b01753Post:99ba4103-c21f-4c1c-959f-9b124f6498f8">Re: Bridal Shower Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I may be wrong, but I would definitely not invite her.  IMO, the shower is supposed to be a gathering of close family/friends.  It's great that you're inviting her to the wedding but I would skip the shower invite. It makes sense that you're inviting his mom and sister. Can't wait to hear about all of your CHECKS!
    Posted by Vanessa630[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with Vanessa and PPs, I don't think you need to invite her.
    Excited to read about your checks!
    Anniversary
  • I agree with the PPs, you don't need to invite her!
  • I'm with the PP's..no need!
  • Vanessa's right - no need to invite A's SO, even more so to the point that she doesn't like you.  Your shower is a day about celebrating you and your impending marriage, and as such is usually a gathering of your closest friends and family.  If she doesn't fall into this circle, no need to go there, and if she is someone who is not going to be happy for you, then no need to bring her around that day. 
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • totally agree w/ everyone....no need to invite her.  it should be a gathering of women who are close with you and truly want to celebrate with you. 
  • Thanks everyone, decision made :) You ladies are fabulous!
  • I am late but def would not invite her!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards