Connecticut

videographer

Hi girls!

So I am trying to decide if we should slurge for a videographer. We already spent a little more than I had intended on our photographer and now I am thinking that I want a videographer too! What do you think, are you doing/did you have one? Was it worth it? Seeing all of the trailors and sneek peeks on here makes me really want one, but I'm not sure if we can really afford it. Any recommendations for an affordable one?

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: videographer

• edited December 2011
    If you can fit it in your budget, I say go for it.  A friend of mine sold me on it when she told me that she missed some amazingly beautiful moments at her wedding because she was so busy with everything.  You're not there for everything that happens.  She also said the day went by so fast, and she was extremely happy to be able to watch it afterwards.  Now that my big day is over, and I've gotten my video, I totally agree with her.  I absolutely love the pictures that our photographers took, but there's something different about seeing it in motion and really being able to relive the moment.  I got to see my flower girl and bridal party entrances during the ceremony... I got to see the look on  DH's face as I entered.  I got to see DH's ailing grandmother be a part of things.  Yes, pictures do an amazing job of capturing the moment.  They're absolutely invaluable, but it's amazing how quickly memories fade.  Even two months after, when we first watch the video, I had already forgotten things that had happened.  I think that's irreplaceable. 

We used Digital Media Odyssey.  We splurged on the video, but I know Matt does some scaled down options.  He also negotiated some things with us, so it was really a great value.  Here's our sneak peek in case you are curious about the quality of his work.  He's also just such a fun guy to have around.  He was probably my favorite vendor.  http://www.dmodyssey.com/blog/2010/5/26/carrie-and-jeremy-sneak-peek.html
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We had one and wouldn't have it any other way. DH was against it at first, he said that having photographs would be enough, but I knew that I would regret it forever if we didn't have video. So I finally convinced him, and when we watched the video he said "wow, I'm so glad you changed my mind!!"

We used Inspiration In Motion. They were great to work with and very friendly. The end result is amazing, more than I could have asked for! I know their pricing has gone up since we booked them, but it's on their website www.inspirationinmotion.com.

Another recommendation that used to be popular on this board is Star Quality Video, I don't know if anyone on here is currently using them, but they were the most affordable reccomendation at one point! HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    There are so many moments that you can't re-live through pictures, like vows, toasts, saying "I Do." I definitely think that a video is so important and if you can budget it in, do it. Cut back on something else, like flowers or decorations, because in the end you'll have a nice video to remember your day (Which will be a blur, I promise you!)

We also used Digital Media Odyssey and I agree with akylaji, he was probably my favorite vendor too. He was so easy and friendly to work with and he does amazing editing!
    Anniversary
  • jdboden73jdboden73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am feeling the same way. On a very tight budget and have gone a bit over my projections on the venue, photographer and DJ. However, FI really wants a video, and I would like one too, so I am going to do my darndest to fit it in. Thanks for the links, I'll be checking them out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's the only wedding regret that I have.

I wish I had a video of the day.  It went by so quick and we missed so many things, the pictures are wonderful but I wish I had a video.

So if you can find a way to fit it into the budget....do it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm currently researching videographers right now. We don't have a lot to spend on one, so I've been looking into lower budget options. So far, my favorite is Don from Vividography. He seems to be really reasonable and produces really great quality videos. I think we're going to end up booking with him. FI still doesn't believe that we need a videographer, but I will be so sad if I don't have one. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend it!   If you can't afford it, perhaps you can convince family or others to go in on it for you instead of a gift?  I know a couple whose bridal party did that for her and it was really sweet :)

We use Inspiration In Motion and they were WONDERFUL to work with!  I just posted a few posts down our trailer.  Granted I haven't seen the end result but the day went by SO fast and there were little things I didn't get to see, like the bridal parties entrance to our reception since they go before us.  And I can't wait to see what our ceremony looked like either.  I'm really happy we decided to go ahead with it.  I know Inspirtation's prices have gone up since we booked but I have friends who used Star Quality Video and they are significantly cheaper but they loved their videos!  Might be worth looking into.  Good luck! :D
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

We are having one & it was a must for us from day one! I still watch my MOH's & cousin's wedding video (LOL) all the time!! Just love them!

We are using King Vincent Storm (they do both photography & video & one or the other)!! They are great to work with & really reasonable!

www.kingvincentstorm.com

GL!

~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think we needed one, but after seeing all the trailers on here I felt like I couldn't imagine not having one.  Since we didn't budget for one in the beginning I really didn't have alot to spend but wasn't into sacrificing quality.  I also really wanted a "highlight" of the day and not just all the raw footage, and I was finding all the cheaper packages were missing the highlight.  Until I found Michael and Tricia Films.  They are awesome and totally affordable.  They are based in MA, but have family in CT so they will travel.  Check them out!
    http://www.michaelandtriciafilms.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We weren't going to book one initially -- then decided if we are spending all this $$$ already, what's another X dollars for something that will help us visually remember the day.  We went with Star Quality Video - which was the cheapest package I could find $1200
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • wrdgirlwrdgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you can sacrifice the fancy videos and only want a decent video (not too shaky but not edited either) then maybe you can consider hiring a student of videography who can do a pretty decent job.  I think they will be cheaper as they aren't pro and most likely just want to build portfolio.

I would've asked my dad who has been videotaping my life since I was a baby lol  But since he's the father of the bride I can't have him do that full-time (although he'd still do it anyways just for his records).  I have asked a friend who is pretty creative and have done a few and since I don't really care for the fancy edits etc and just want raw video I'm ok with that :)

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We booked one last minute. We're completely over budget but the more I thought about it, I really wanted to capture those moments that still photography cant. We're using Carlos from Custom Made Video in Danbury and ours came in at 1300. Definitely worth the splurge if you can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    definitely do it.  it's the one thing i regret not doing.
  • JJAdams1224JJAdams1224 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we also went with star quality video.  they wer the cheapest we could find and their really great to work with!
  • edited December 2011
    Now that the day has passed, I am SO SO SO happy we got a video.  There are so many things that take place during the day that you miss.  It was worth the extra money to get to see how the entire day actually unfolded.

I loved my videographer, and he was pretty reasonably priced.  He was one of our favorite vendors to work with.
    http://www.glennandrewproductions.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • blipsettprblipsettpr member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

This was a must for me. I still watch my parents video and I love it.

We are using Todd at Digital I Productions. His work is amazing and we are getting a great deal!!!!

If you want his email let me know!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards