Connecticut

17 days left...

17 days left and I am having that awful "I FORGOT TO _____" feeling. I feel like I have thought of everything, but I feel like I'm forgetting something!

What did you ladies forget to do, or wish you did, in the weeks leading up to your wedding?

I'm trying to relax, I know that's something everyone probably forgot to do!

Re: 17 days left...

• Shiiiit.... I feel like you ticker said 3 months just yesterday!  Where is our time going?!

Just breathe - you've been asking lots of questions on here, so I can tell you're totally on the ball.

Just confirm with all your vendors (in writing!) the timeline of the wedding and what's expected of them, where, and when.  Putting it in an email will be helpful if later on they don't happen to do X, Y, or Z, or show up late, so you can show them that it was clearly explained to them.

By the way, your count makes me happy - we're inviting around 185, and hoping for 150 attending. 

Anniversary

• I know! Time flew! We're meeting with our DOC Saturday morning so I think that I will feel so much better after that. I just feel like there is so much right now! I am glad I did so much in advance!

Our count is actually a little higher, it's at about 163 including 5 vendors. That was also due to a few guests giving me a late yes that originally said no though!
  • Soooo excited for you!!!!!

In the week before the wedding, I was scrambling to print my seating cards, print/assemble my ceremony programs, finish my flip flop basket, put all my favors together, make the table numbers... ahhh, it's all coming back to me haha. 

I also made a day-of timeline to give out to people so that everyone was on the same page. I made sure that all of my vendors' numbers were in my phone.  And I put tips in envelopes to hand out. 

I WISH i had gone tanning :)   I also wish I had remembered my hair inspiration that we used during the trial. I was scrambling to find it while the stylist was working on other people. 
  • edited March 2012
    Haha, I almost made this post myself because I was so excited for you!! So close! 

PLEASE provide pictures when you get back and everything's calmed down. 

I can't think of anything you could have forgotten. Like PP said, confirm timeline with everyone, and you should be good to go! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_17-days-left?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:5c0a535b-064a-4d33-982c-1d94625e1e19Post:41cff262-8d02-4a9c-939a-5709b9570e77">Re: 17 days left...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know! Time flew! We're meeting with our DOC Saturday morning so I think that I will feel so much better after that. I just feel like there is so much right now! I am glad I did so much in advance! Our count is actually a little higher, it's at about 163 including 5 vendors. That was also due to a few guests giving me a late yes that originally said no though!
    Posted by rswan412[/QUOTE]

Ah... I seem to remember my caterer said they don't charge for vendors, which is fantastic.  I hadn't included that in my budget - whoops!  As long as we're under our invited numbers (which is basically impossible without crashers) then we're good budget-wise, but a few less would mean more space!

Anniversary

• Ah, your big day is almost here. Very excited for you! :)

Ditto PPs, confirm that everyone is on the same page as far as the timeline.

Also, do you have your outfits picked out for your RD and the day after the wedding? (I can't remember if you are having a brunch or anything like that.) If you have everything picked out now, even in your head, then you won't have to stress trying to get things together right before.
    Anniversary
  • Becky, I know it is crazy as I am just a week behind you! I have lists for things to do each night when I get home from work.  I feel like I am forgetting something big that needs to be done as well.
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    I have no advice that hasn't already been said.  But I'm so excited that you're so close!!! Can't wait to see the pics! :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Thanks ladies! I have my RD dress picked out, timelines were just sent out and will be finalized with my DOC as of Saturday. Favors are made, lists of who is doing what are made, lists of things to do have been made...LOL....ahhhhh!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards