Connecticut
Options

Make-Up & Hair

Hi All! I am just starting to look into Make-Up and Hair for the wedding day.  This is like SUPER important to me!! Who would you suggest to use?! Thanks!
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Make-Up & Hair

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and congrats on your wedding!! I am not much help really on the hair front because I had a friend do it for me but for makeup I would highly recommend Danielle Santagata!!  She is awsum! Good luck with all of your planning! : )
  • Options
    kate212kate212 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Dana Bartone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Simply Gorgeous by Erin for makeup and Borrowed and Blue for my hair
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the hair can't really help my hair dresser has been doing mine since I was seven and declared that she's doing it.... may be a HUGE mistake lol
    As for the make up I have Erin Infantino from simplygorgeous by erin... My photographers recommended her and she is AMAZING!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Beauty Entourage for me and the BMs!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using beauty entourage! Was very happy with my trial and the girls are very nice!
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Make-up and hair are super important to me as well.  I was referred to Naomi's studio and salon based out of West hartford.  Naomi has a traveling makeup and hair team and they will come to you for hair and makeup.  I had my makeup trial with her about a month ago and I absoutley loved my makeup.  She uses airbrush so your skin looks flawless.  I posted a before and after pic of the makeup on this board a few weeks ago.  If you want flawless makeup and hair defiitely give Naomi a call.  Oh and she is so super nice!!!!  Here is a link to her webiste where you can see some of her before and afters...

http://www.naomimartinez.com/intropage.html

She also has a facebook page. :)

Good Luck!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Naomi!  My wedding is over a year away and I've already booked her for hair and make up for myself and my BM's.  I was referred to her by my photographer and have heard such great things that I didn't want to risk her being booked for my date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Larissa Lake!! She is amazing and her work is just so beautiful!! I have never seen a bad review on here from any of her brides and she is just so nice!! Her price is really competitive as well!!
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_up-hair?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:5dcee26c-7ee2-49f5-8de7-8af970b2cf48Post:23a61d38-703f-4b1c-a8ef-ddbecc0f5c04">Re: Make-Up & Hair</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dana Bartone!
    Posted by kate212[/QUOTE]

Ditto!  Another vote for Dana!!! :)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Larissa Lake!!! She is fabulous! Her and her team are so talented and such a blast. Me and my girls had so much fun getting ready with her and everyone looked so beautiful! I couldn't stop staring at all my bridesmaids, they looks stunning!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Definitely Dana Bartone! Dana did my makeup and her associate Amy did my bridesmaids'.

imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    I am going with Naomi's.  I know people have mixed reviews with her salon, but I've been a BM in weddings where they've done my hair and makeup.  I have nothing but great things to say about what they have done.  I'm actually in the process of booking them right now (probably tomorrow actually).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Makeup and hair are 2 of the most important vendors. I'm very picky about both. For makeup I'm using Erin Infantino from Simply Gorgeous by Erin and for hair I plan to use Lauren from Borrowed and Blue. I've worked with Erin before and many of my friends have and we all LOVE her work and she's very professional to work with. 

Have fun planning!
  • Options
    kate1030kate1030 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

LARISSA LAKE! She is amazing. I have used her for my boudoir, wedding and she will be doing my rock the dress shoot. Not only does she make you look stunning, you have an amazing time with her and her team!

• Options
    SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Dana Bartone! She books up quick so it's great that you're looking into this so far in advance ;0)

http://www.danabartone.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Erin Infantino - i had my trial with her and i loved her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Shary and A Touch of Color http://www.atouchofcolormakeup.com/
    LOVE Shary, love love love her. She's the only one in the studio, so you know you get her, not an assistant. That was something I didn't really like about some other places. 
    As for hair, my hair regular hair dresser is doing my hair. She's in Waterbury - if you're in that area, lemme know and I can PM you her info. She's fabulous, especially if you want any coloring done - excellent!
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Ivette Wellman (www.ivettewellman.com) for makeup and Beauty Entourage for hair.  I had a great experience with both!  My best friend just booked Naomi Martinez's crew for her fall wedding.
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll add another plug for Larissa Lake.  She was really great to have around as we were getting ready, and she made me look and feel fantastic.  I went with the air-brush makeup and had her give me eyelashes, and I thought I looked like a more glammed-up version of me, but still looked like myself.  The makeup felt light and my hair was natural looking but it stayed in place through the whole night.

I cannot say enough good things about Larissa and her team, she went above and beyond!
    imageimage
  • Options
    rosierealrosiereal member
    edited December 2011
    I love love Naomi Martinez she did my makeup n bm's and we all looked flawless i cried and my makeup did not run and she is very sweet n profession on time and does an outstanding job. you wont regrat it!!!
    save the date planning My Bio updated 05/22/11 image 184 Invited
    image129 are ready to party! image 39 missing out image 16 are driving me crazy
    RSVP Date: May 14, Wedding: June 18
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Beauty Entourage and felt gorgeous! They did such a wonderful job on me and all my girls. They are so efficient and professional. I was very happy with them!
  • Options
    Laurensara18Laurensara18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love Love Love Larissa Lake!!!
  • Options
    ChrisVickyChrisVicky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Justine and Holly of BeautyBeatdown are the best. They can do the airbrush technique which I used, or traditional makeup.

http://www.beautybeatdown.com/index2.php#/home/

Good luck :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    nicole2485nicole2485 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does Beauty BeatDown travel? I couldn't find on their website where they were located...didn't know if there was a large travel fee?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Naomis Salon is a disaster. I was supposed to have my wedding hair and makeup trial. The receptionist who works there is awful and the communication in the salon is poor. I came in for my trial and was asked if I would mind going with someone else because they were behind schedule. Every time I call I am given different information, and then Naomi gets on the phone and tells me different crap every time- which I am seeing now is all lies. The stylists in the salon are below average and you could go to a salon in the ghetto and have your hair or makeup done better. I have ordered products from there before that I came in to pick up after recieving a call that they were there and was told they weren't and were probably put on the shelf and sold. I was not even given an apoligy for their mess up or a discount.  Mind you these products can be ordered online for cheaper. If you want to avoid drama and messups on your wedding then DO NOT go with this salon. It's not worth the stress they put you through and they are not reliable. In fact Ive come to the conclusion that Naomi is money hungry and doesn't really care at all even though everytime you talk to her she will put on a smile and bullshit you to the max to make you believe she knows whats going on and will fix it. There are much more profesional places that truly do care about yours, any my wedding and don't look at it as just another cashflow. So beware and stay away if you dont want your entire wedding to revolve around unreliable and selfish people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards