Connecticut

How did you and FI meet?

I saw this on another board and loved reading the responses....sorry if you've already done htis on this board recently but,
How did you and FI meet?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How did you and FI meet?

• LandB2012LandB2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can start :)   FI actually hired me for my first 'real' job! When I came home from my first day of work my dad asked how work was, I said, "I met the guy I'm going to marry."  He told me he would like to have him over for dinner and I responded with, "oh - he doesn't know it yet!'  He had a girlfriend (which I didn't know) but conveniently, they broke up a few months later and he asked me out!  But, we had to date undercover for almost 2 years because work wouldn't allow us to date if he was my superior.  Six years later and he's changed careers (corporate to teaching)  and I'm with a different company, so I guess it's finally 'allowed!'  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We met when we were both working at what we like to call "The Fruit Stand" (aka Apple Retail).  He worked as and Genius fixing everything and I worked selling on the floor.  I had a super super dumb question and was told to ask "Gaug" and he looked at me crazy and told me the answer.  We started to talk on Facebook chat (WHO DOES THAT?) and then AIM all the time.  It took him about 4 months to ask me out to the movies.  No one in our store even knew we were friends for at least 6 months of us dating.  We have a very geeky and nerdy love.
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    edited December 2011
    We met on EHarmony!
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • edited December 2011

We were set up by a mutual friend.  I had just gotten out of (well...was in an off phase) a very on/off relationship.  Whenever this particular relationship was going sour, I'd get very depressed, and my friends were trying to tell me it was time to really just walk away from the jerk.  One of my guy friends (who was friends with me and my ex) said he had a friend he wanted me to meet.  I kept refusing and said I wasn't ready, and would never want to be set up.  Apparently he was on myspace at work one day and his co-worker (my FI) asked about me (since I was in several pictures).  Well, without my knowledge, he told my FI that I did want to meet him. 

I was out with my best friend one night, at a different place than we normally would go out to on the weekends, when my guy friend  texted us and asked us when we would be at the normal spot.  I should have realized something was up!  Lol!  When we got there, he introduced me to FI. 

Shortly after FI invited me out to hot chocolate (since he heard me say I don't drink coffee).  I thought that was extremely cute.  We started dating, and the rest is history... :)

Anniversary
  • jaime10285jaime10285 member
    edited December 2011
    We met through a mutual friend during college.  I went to college with his high school friend and one night apparently we were both talking online to our mutual friend about how sick of being single we were.  This friend told us to talk to each other instead.  We talked online first and then on the phone a bit.  He came to meet me and we went out to lunch with the mutual friend.  Later we hung out alone and I kissed him as he left for the night and knew instantly I had never felt that for another person before.  6 1/2 years later here we are planning our wedding :)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    On a school bus in third grade! I had just moved on to his street (three houses away from him). He made fun of me all through grade school, and I despised him. We both went to different high schools & reconnected my junior year & 7 years later we're planning a wedding <3
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    Okcupid!
  • LandB2012LandB2012 member
    edited December 2011
    lol, that is so cute Nikki! and Bridget, I am so happy there are others who dated in secret.  Your story is so cute!

Funny how much the internet plays a role these days, betwene the dating sites, instant messager, myspace, etc.  If my parent or grandparents read this board they would fall over!  Then again, they never understand, "but the girls on the board recommended we use her!"  :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My best friend was dating his best friend when I was a sophomore in college.  He says he was in love with me from the very start.  I just wanted to be friends, so we were friends for about a year before I saw that he could be relationship material.  We dated for my junior yr in college, broke up for 6 months, tried it again for a few months and then ended things for good so I thought because FI thought he'd be an eternal bachelor and marriage/a family wasn't for him.  I was in another relationship for 3 years and ended up becoming "friends" with FI on facebook.  When that relationship ended to my surprise, FI helped me redo my bathroom in my condo.  He then spilled that he needed me in his life, wanted to marry me, had bought a house, a boat, wanted whatever I wanted.  I wasn't over my past relationship so I cut the friendship off and dated on eharmony for awhile.  Then I realized that I couldn't get FI off my mind and maybe there was a reason for that.  We met up to discuss things, he told me I had always been the one and of course we could get back together!  I moved in 3 months later and we got engaged 4 months after that.  It was so nice to just feel that things were finally working out despite all the bumps in the road, and we got our timing straight!
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We met in high school, I was a sophmore and he was a junior.  We've been together for almost 11 years now!  I know it sounds silly, but I knew he was the one as soon as I saw him.
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jdboden73jdboden73 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met on OKCupid too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rswan412rswan412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love everyone's stories! FI and met in college... I was dating his freshman year roomate. Things didn't last long with his roomate, but I had FI's AIM SN from when I was dating his roomate. We started to IM sophmore year, but things never went any further than some flirting. We both started dating other people, he was in a serious relationship as was I.  4 years later, I found him on facebook and added him as a friend. He confirmed me, sent me a drunk message ( "hey good looking where you been my life) was the exact message...and the rest is history :)

I can't believe to this day that I am marrying him...life works in such strange ways!
  • edited December 2011
    These are great!
    FI and I met at a summer camp for young artists, only later realizing that we actually went to the same high school! We dated for a few months in high school, seperated and went to different colleges. I lured him back to my place later in college when I saw him on AIM after not talking for 5 years! We've been inseperable ever since ;)
  • edited December 2011
    gotta love the internet!
  • SoubretteSoubrette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    College marching band ^_^
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were on a kickball team together in DC.  I was job hunting, and he got me an interview with his company the first week we knew each other.  So we became fast friends, hanging out at kickball and meeting up for lunch and coffee so he could give me interview tips.  I got the job, and we started dating a week before I started work!  So we kept it undercover for the first 4 months, and then everyone figured it out.  It wasn't against the rules, but we just didn't want our relationship to be public knowledge at work.

Anniversary

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My first glimpse at FI was during my freshman year of college. We went to different schools in the same city.

A friend of mine from high school (who went to FI's college) was visiting me and went on Facebook to write something on FI's wall. My reaction was: "OMG, who is that? He's so hot!"  lol. 
    My friend proceeds to tell me that it's a friend of his who lives on his dorm floor. Later that year I go visit my friend and he introduces me to all the guys on his floor (including FI). FI and I say hi, but that's it. (I later found out that FI asked my friend about me)

Fast forward 2 years, my friend and FI are now roomates, and I go with my friend to help him move into their new apartment. FI is there and this time we actually get to talk. Throughout the semester the 3 of us would hangout, and eventually it became FI asking to hangout with just me. We started to see each other almost every day and at the end of that semester became an official couple :)
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We met on-line. I wasn't ever planning on actually meeting anyone on the internet I was just having fun, but he caught my attention and I'm so lucky to have finally found happen.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We met through his sister, in the apartment we live in now! His sister was living in it at the time, and was throwing a St. Patrick's Day party, in 2007.  We started dating in 2008. I met his whole family before I met him- first his sister, then mom and dad. 
  • edited December 2011
    We met at work. I trained him and learned that he loved basketball. I think there was an attraction from the beginning but we both were dating someone else so we remained friends. I found out he had broken up with his girlfriend and I'drecently broken up with my BF so I asked him out. That was four years ago!
  • Carebear62584Carebear62584 member
    edited December 2011
    I had a real jerk of a boyfriend for almost 3 years in college. All my friends and most of my family hated him. I dated other jerks for the next few years. Finally my friend (who I became friends with at freshman orientation and acquaintances throughout college, very close friends after college) started feeling bad and hated that I couldn't find a good guy. She had just gotten over her jerk of an ex and found her now husband so she was determined to find me a good guy. Her grandfather had fallen off a ladder at work so everyone went to the hospital and her cousin had decided to finally cut his long hair that everyone hated. She called me that night and wanted to set me up so I figured why not. Shes one of those people that everyone loves so I figured her family must be nice. So a whole group of us made plans to go to dinner and bowling but I ended up having to work so my friends all met him before me. The following weekend she and her bf at the time invited the 2 of us to their apt for pizza and movies. We hardly talked and he wasn't really my type. At the end of the night we both walked out to the parking lot together and he started to walk away without asking me for my number. He ended up asking me, called me the following weds and we went on a date that weekend. I still wasnt sure I felt about him and decided to give him a few more dates to open up figuring he's gotta have it in him somewhere considering his cousins personality. It got to crunch time, if he didn't open up that night I was moving on. Well he did and a year later we moved in together and 2 months after that he proposed.
  • TBee99TBee99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Match! And I thought he was "too young" for me at first. He says he thought I was "too pretty" for him. Funny how everything turns out in the end!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards