Connecticut
Options

More Transportation Recs Needed (long...sry)

These seem to be pretty popular these days.  I did read the last several ones, but the companies suggested didn't have what I needed, so I figured I throw out my situation and see if anyone can help.

*I need to rent an 8 person stretch for one hour (1.5 hours at most) to do a double roundtrip (pick me and my BMs up at the hotel, take us to the venue, go back to the hotel, pick FI and the GMs and take them to the venue).

*I need to rent a shuttle that can hold at least 53 passengers (in one shot) for 7 hours.  We want to have it available for the full 7 hours so some guests can leave early if they wish to, but we need it big enough to accomodate all who rsvp'd for the shuttle in case not too many (or no one) leaves early.  Our wedding coordinator advised us to get a shuttle that fits everyone who rsvp's for it because in her experience most guests do not take the earlier shuttle rides.

*I need to rent another stretch for an hour (one way) to take me, FI, MOH and date, and BM and date back from the venue to the hotel at the end of the night.

Please tell me if there are companies that have large shuttle that you know of.

Also, my other issue is as I mentioned I only need the stretchs for an hour at a time (or an hour and a half at most).  Most companies I've called have some sort of package minimum of 3 or 4 hours.  Thing is my ceremony and reception are in the same place so I don't need a 3 hour limo to take me between ceremony and reception, nor do I need to rent one for 7 or 8 hours to have it just sit there and do nothing most of the time.  However, what I found is that if you want to do anything other than these package deals, their "hourly rate" seems unreasonable.  (ie charging $432 for a 3 hour package ($120/hr rate + tip), but then charging $238/hr because I don't want the package, even though that's more than half of the 3 hour rate).  Are there any companies out there that will work with the hours you want rather than only pushing their packages, or at least have reasonable prices if you choose not to take a package?  (or are these prices reasonable and I'm just having sticker shock?)

It would be completely awesome if both the large shuttle and the limos can come from the same company.

I did contact Premier Limousine because they seem to be the only company I've found that has a large shuttle (56 passenger).  The prices I quoted above for the stretch come from them too.  I suppose this is the company I'll go with if I can't find anything better.  The only thing that makes me wary of them is I've called up several times for quotes and follow up questions, and every time I call they seem to raise their quote price on me.  When I tell them, "But wait, yesterday X quoted me Y price," the consultant I'm speaking to at the moment says, "Oh well I don't know why X did that because our price is Z."  This has happened several times with several different consultants.  Anyone here use them?  Were they good or a hassle?

BTW, our venue is St. Clements and our hotel is the Inn at Middletown.  It's about a 20 minute drive (one way) between them.
Live.The.Moment.
cSc 7.22.10
planning bio

Re: More Transportation Recs Needed (long...sry)

• Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know you said you wanted the shuttle and limo to come from the same place but have you contacted First Student. I think a lot of girls use them for shuttle options and it may allow you to look other places for limo and get a better quote?
  • Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DoubleA has the 54 to 61 passenger shuttle.  It's who we are using for St. Clements to the Inn.  But I don't think they have packages for less then 3 hours for limos.
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when i was looking, i could not find a place that did anything less than a 3 hour minimum on a limo.  unless the girls on here can recommend someone, i'm not sure you'll find one, unfortunately.  i'd say just keeping making phone calls, and ask that question first.

and try to get quotes in writing!!!  i did a LOT of emailing limo companies because i found the same thing...2 different reps would quote me 2 different prices.  at least with an email, you can go back and show them that you were given a lower price...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat!  We're getting married at St. Clements and our guests are staying at the Inn at Middletown too.  We wanted a limo to take my FI, GM, Mother and Father of groom and  his Grandmother to St. Clements about an hour before the ceremony, then have a shuttle to take the guests to and from the Inn and St. Clements.  I will be driven so we're not worried about getting me and my BMs there.  I will contact Double A, but what do they have to offer for coaches?  I'm so confused with these "packages" the transportation companies have to offer.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our "package" with DoubleA is charter bus (54-61 passenger) for 6 hours.  Making as many trips as we need.  We also have a trolley for 3 hours (even though we only need it for about an hour).  SInce we booked both together they gave us a 5% discount.

So Charter for 6 hours, as many trips
    Trolley for 3 hours (picking the girls up at the Inn, taking them to the church, after ceremony taking the entire BP (bride and groom included, and parents and grandparents) to St. Clements for pictures before cocktail hour.

I don't know if that's what you're asking.  Hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the posts girls.  I called around to a few different companies and got quotes.  I'll probably get the coach from Premier Limo or Double A (they quote the same price) and the stretch limos from Lindsey Limo.

The rep I spoke to at Lindsey Limo was super helpful and nice and found me the best deal for what I needed.  Frankly I would have rented everything from them but they don't have motor coaches big enough, so I'll stick with the limos from them.
    Live.The.Moment.
    cSc 7.22.10
    planning bio

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards