Connecticut
Options

Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable.

I am looking for venues in CT, MA & RI that are inexpensive, meaning $75 or less per person in a unique, rustic/vintage setting. We are looking for roughly 75-100 guests but do have a very very strict budget (we have to pay for the wedding ourselves).

Our family and friends mostly reside in CT, but were open to the other locations, if we found the perfect place. I would prefer a package that includes a lot of the items, but do not want a country club, etc...

Tanks in advance for your help!!

Re: Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ceremonyreception-ideas-needed-need-inexpensive-rustic-and-memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:76a26d0b-950b-4043-b65d-b637d496323dPost:666757b0-3b60-4846-8992-fba1c4fa0430">Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for venues in CT, MA & RI that are inexpensive, meaning $75 or less per person in a unique, rustic/vintage setting. We are looking for roughly 75-100 guests but do have a very very strict budget (we have to pay for the wedding ourselves). Our family and friends mostly reside in CT, but were open to the other locations, if we found the perfect place. I would prefer a package that includes a lot of the items, but do not want a country club, etc... Tanks in advance for your help!!
    Posted by Envy1328[/QUOTE]
    Hi ,
    I am the manager of The Mill on the River Restaurant. I can recommend my facility for your wedding. We have been voted most romantic restaurant in over 27 years. The builing was an old grist mill., very rustic overlooking a waterfall, a boardwalk looking over the water and we are a four star restaurant.
    Please give me a call 860-289-7929 and I will be happy to check dates for you and I will mail a wedding package to you.
    I look forward tohearing back from you.
    Laura Coviello
    Banquet Manager
  • Options
    ok i booked at testas they are in southington in downtown southington on center street  and if you have been in the downtown southington area on center street you will see very old restored buildings they have a package that includes dj cake and flowers for your reception. they have pacakges starting at 55+ they have 2 rooms and can fit up to 350 people. the owner enzo is very nice they will work with you on anything you want or need. testas.net  we got a really good package deal with the flowers cake and dj hope this helps
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ceremonyreception-ideas-needed-need-inexpensive-rustic-and-memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:76a26d0b-950b-4043-b65d-b637d496323dPost:ee47f46f-2883-4be1-801e-139f9525c7b3">Re: Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable. : Hi , I am the manager of The Mill on the River Restaurant. I can recommend my facility for your wedding. We have been voted most romantic restaurant in over 27 years. The builing was an old grist mill., very rustic overlooking a waterfall, a boardwalk looking over the water and we are a four star restaurant. Please give me a call 860-289-7929 and I will be happy to check dates for you and I will mail a wedding package to you. I look forward tohearing back from you. Laura Coviello Banquet Manager
    Posted by ljc1351[/QUOTE]

<div>your in violation of the message boards you cannot advertise your own business on her its a tos rule </div>
  • Options
    I looked into the Dudley Farm barn in Guilford, CT. The rental fee is only $1,500 and you can do a lot with the location. By bringing in your own caterer, you can save a lot, depending on what type of food you want and how you want it presented. The website says the barn holds 85 people. If you want a dance floor on the same level, I think you would have to keep it to 75 or so, but it depends on your layout. The farm and barn are definitely memorable! Plus, Guilford is a great town and there are a few hotels in Branford and lots of B&Bs along the shoreline for out of town guests. Good luck!
  • Options
    Check The Publick House in Sturbridge, MA...or Old Sturbridge Village.  We were considering using either of those, but we have a family friend who is a JOP in CT, and she couldn't perform the ceremony there.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I would like to update my post as we truly only have approximately 75-80 guests. I am running into some issues where locations are requiring a 100 guest minimum. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was just engaged last weekend and am already excited about all the planning, but have been a little down, as the prices are WAY out of our budget. I truly don't want a backyard wedding, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!! Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I don't know anyone with a big enough (or nice enough) backyard. Also does anyone have any info on honeymoon registry? We own a house together so would prefer honeymoon money instead of housewares, etc. if you have any websites that may be helpful, that would be great!! Do you know if AAA offers this service? A little about myself, I am a down to earth, non-fancy person. I would be happy if the wedding party, even women, wore converse sneakers. Hoping this additional information may help with your suggestions!!
  • Options
    We got married at the Mystic Aquarium with less than 100 guests in the end, but we originally planned for over 100 guests. I loved the venue but their food and service wasn't so good, so I'm hesitant to actually fully recommend them. 

You might want to look into less well known venues too. The barns many people mention are really expensive. But you can dress up a VFW hall or other "plain" building to get the feel you want too. 
  • Options
    Depending on the day (they might have a 100 min for Sat night) my venue is the Village at Boulder Ridge in Barkhamstead. Their packages (without liquor, which I like cause you can then spend less on that!) is in the $45-60 range.  My wedding is in two months, so I can't comment on day of/food but so far they have been fantastic to work with.  They have outdoor/paviliony area and a rustic indoor area.  They are seasonal however, only open Aprilish to maybe October.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_ceremonyreception-ideas-needed-need-inexpensive-rustic-and-memorable?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:76a26d0b-950b-4043-b65d-b637d496323dPost:666757b0-3b60-4846-8992-fba1c4fa0430">Ceremony/Reception Ideas Needed - need inexpensive, rustic and memorable.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am looking for venues in CT, MA & RI that are inexpensive, meaning $75 or less per person in a unique, rustic/vintage setting. We are looking for roughly 75-100 guests but do have a very very strict budget (we have to pay for the wedding ourselves). Our family and friends mostly reside in CT, but were open to the other locations, if we found the perfect place. I would prefer a package that includes a lot of the items, but do not want a country club, etc... Tanks in advance for your help!!
    Posted by Envy1328[/QUOTE]

<div>Nothing says unique & rustic (and beautiful!) more than Old Sturbridge Village in Sturbridge, MA...just over the CT line and 40 mins or so from RI!  Their package prices are very reasonable too considering everything you get.  Good luck!!</div>
  • Options
    My friend got married at the Webb Barn in Wethersfield.  It was beautiful.  She had a great caterer.  It was awesome and inexpensive. 
  • Options

I too am in a similar position and I am on a tight budget. Everyone tells me I champagne taste on a beer budget lol. So I've ended up doing a lot of research to try to get as close to my wedding day dreams as possible. My number one suggestion to you is to consider a Sunday wedding, it drops the price per person quite a lot. My other top suggestion would be if you're willing to get married in the off season b/c that also really helps. Even the week difference from the last week in October to the first weekend of November cuts the price a lot! I was able to save a lot of money per person at my venue by picking a Sunday wedding package. I also could have saved another $6 per person if I didn't pick prime wedding season, but still on a Sunday. I'm getting married at St. Clements Castle, Portland CT, love it! Last time I checked they still offer these various packages. However, my package does require 100 person minimum.
    The other place I have heard good things about, one of my friends sisters got married there, Candlewood Inn. It was a really great price for a Saturday night because it was the first Saturday in November. I think it was only around $79 per person, with the cake included. I don't know about the minimum though.
    Hope this helps. Happy Planning :)

• Options
    Salem Cross Inn in West Brookfield, MA is a lovely location and reasonable wedding packages. I would get married there if we weren't planning to do it off season. Yesterday, my fiance, his parents, and I checked out Publick House. Depending on the day of the week and the time of year, the minimum person is either reasonably low or non-existent. (we only have 70 people on our invite list and expect maybe 60). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards