Connecticut
Options

Makeup advice/who to use for the Big Day!

Any success stories from your big day regarding makeup and/or hair? In particular b/c I have rosacea, the wrong move will aggravate it. No joke. so i definintely need someone that has more knowledge than just beautiful smokey eyes ;) Thank you Ladies!

Re: Makeup advice/who to use for the Big Day!

• Options
    I recommend Naomi's Salon.  They can travel to you on the big day.  I used Angela for hair and Janice for makeup.  They were both very knowledgable and amazing!!!

http://naomimartinez.com/
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I second Naomi's salon. I had Tanya for hair and Candice for makeup and they both did an amazing job.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2013
    I used Amy from Dana Bartone & Co. for makeup and Lauren for hair... definitely reccomend both of them!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I'd suggest you do a trial, no matter who you end up booking. That way you can talk to them about what you want specifically, and see if their product works correctly and looks nice.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_makeup-advicewho-to-use-for-the-big-day?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:98f24a4c-e083-4457-9d45-05249ab1dc83Post:50fcb04e-eadd-4d8b-ad54-ac3b14c9db71">Re: Makeup advice/who to use for the Big Day!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I second Naomi's salon. I had Tanya for hair and Candice for makeup and they both did an amazing job.
    Posted by Amanda1443994[/QUOTE]

I used them as well.  When I was MOH in my cousin's wedding in 2008 we also used Candice and we will be using her for my brother's wedding in July.  She's amazing and will talk to you about allergies, sensitive skin, etc.  I also had a trial first and she told me to pay attention to whether or not I had any reactions so that she could ensure that won't happen on my wedding day. 

Tonya is also amazing.  She was very bubbly and fun to hang out with while she was getting all of us ready.  Everyone's hair held up in the 90 degree weather and looked beautiful.  I recommend both of them!
  • Options
    Larissa Lake Makeup Artist and her team are AMAZING - seriously, I love them. I went to them for my engagement photos and now I go back for facials, brows, and have them booked for my wedding. They are PHENOMENAL
    Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards