Connecticut
Options

Aleterations

after reading what other ladies have said in another post about DB alterations I'm petrified! Anyone know of a good seamstress in the Greater Hartford area?

Re: Aleterations

• Options
    forgive me for not spelling alterations right in the title of the thread! LOL
  • Options
    I would recommend Bridal Bells Boutique in Berlin, CT- thats where my girls are going to go and I've heard great things about them...I bought my dress from Bancroft Bridal in Feeding Hills, MA ..so a little north of Hartford and I'm getting mine done there, again I've heard wonderful things!!
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lulu4150lulu4150 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    this place will do alterations for dresses not sold by them? I figured a bridal salon would only alter a dress that's been sold by them.
  • Options
    I used Nina's Tailor Shop in Farmington when I was a BM in a wedding, and my dress came from DB.  Nina did an absolutely perfect job and my dress fit amazingly.  I don't think it was that expensive either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker kayleigh-3-1 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The seamstress I used is going abroad for a few months, otherwise I'd recommend her.  My FMIL recommended the seamstress at French Cleaners in West Hartford.  FMIL has had dresses altered by her and said she did a great job.  I picked the other seamstress because she was a little cheaper.
    Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NOT ALL SEAMSTRESSES ARE EXPERTS IN BRIDAL! If you take your gown to a cleaner usually they do not know how to properly bustle a dress. Find a bridal shop that takes alterations from outside because their seamstress is an expert. After all that is all they do :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards