Connecticut
Options

Menu or not

If the guests have to pick their entrees on the invitation.  Do I need to have a menu on the table at the reception?  I would think not just want to make sure.

Thanks

Re: Menu or not

• Options
    Nope.  If you've already put in your counts there's no need for them to know the choices again.  It would just be an added cost....I wouldn't bother.
  • Options
    No, I would think not.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://connecticut.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_menu-or-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:a459ad48-bab3-482d-99d7-3a9de932f874Post:861ee60e-0f0a-4171-83f0-8fed3a717e3a">Re: Menu or not</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nope.  If you've already put in your counts there's no need for them to know the choices again.  It would just be an added cost....I wouldn't bother.
    Posted by Carebear62584[/QUOTE]

Ditto. We didn't have one. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    My venue advised against doing this. They said it looks great buts causes a lot of confusion as people start to think that they can change their option the day of and they are expensive!
  • Options
    No way! Save trees and money! Your guests know what they've picked and if they have forgotten they will be reminded when dinner is served! I've been to tons of weddings and I've never seen a menu card in real life!
  • Options
    I'm actually making menus and printing wiht a VP groupon.  That being said, my venue said it's okay if a few people change their mind and they always make extras of each entree in case this happens.

We decided to because the descriptions they offer for each entree sounds soooo much better than what we put on the response card (ie: ____Filet Mignon on the response card and the menu will say: Seared filet mignon with a cognac demi glaze and truffle oil topped with caramelized shallots on a bed of spinach mashed potatoes) - lol, I think I'm mixing up all 3 of my descriptions into one with this example!    I also like to know exactly what I'm eating when it comes (what type of sauce it was, etc).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards