Connecticut

Flower Budget

We are going to meet with Jane from Just for You in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to expect in terms of price for flowers. I know it depends on type of flowers but if you guys could give me some idea it would be great! I assume we will have 12-15 centerpieces, along with 6 BM bouquets and mine. I am not looking for anything big. I like low, full centerpieces and am thinking the majority will of them will be made of hydrangeas.

If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!

Re: Flower Budget

• edited December 2011
    What you really need to do is figure out how much you want to spend on flowers and then go from there. It's hard to give a price on everything but I would assume the BM bouquets could be from $40-75 and yours from $100 and up. I'm doing a lot of hydrangeas in mine, but what i did was sit down with my buget and came up with a good % of money I wanted to spend on flowers and went to the florist with that amount and worked from there. If you have a general idea of how much you want to spend theyll help price it out for you from there.

My budget was 2,500 and im getting 5 BM bouquets, my bouqet, 11 boutineers, 4 corsages, 15(ish) centerpeices, high and low, 2 large floor arrangments for the ceremony, and pew markers. Hope that kind of gives you an idea ;\. Some places wanted to charge me 4k for less elaborate displays than i'm getting now so a big peice of advice i'd give it SHOP AROUND! I'm really glad I did with florists particularly. I've heard wonderful things about Jane, but I never met with her since she was booked for my date by the time i contacted her.

again hope this crazy long message helps a bit! goodluck! :)
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_flower-budget-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:aa73019f-52c8-4be6-b5dd-73fe782bf39aPost:71c84b7c-08a3-4659-b516-6ae6165c98c8">Flower Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going to meet with Jane from Just for You in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to expect in terms of price for flowers. I know it depends on type of flowers but if you guys could give me some idea it would be great! I assume we will have 12-15 centerpieces, along with 6 BM bouquets and mine. I am not looking for anything big. I like low, full centerpieces and am thinking the majority will of them will be made of hydrangeas. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it!
    Posted by whitneyf1[/QUOTE]

Jane is WONDERFUL!  If you let her know what you have in mind, she's really good at giving you the estimated cost, as well as what you could do to cut costs a little more.  She basically gave us the high, low, and middle price. 
    To give you an idea, I used callas (pretty much everywhere) and had 16 tall/detailed centerpieces with votives, 6 bouquets (5 BM and mine- all callas), Church arrangements, pew bows, aisle runner, corsages etc. etc. etc. and I paid a little over $3000.  So, I would assume you'd be well under that (but I am far from an expert with regard to flowers).  IMO, Jane is really fair and great to work with.  I never once felt like she was pushing me to spend more money or trying to take advantage of me. She totally "got" the look that I was going for.  I was blown away by how amazing the venue looked.

*EDIT: I know I'm forgetting other things I had like the FG pommander ball and a couple arrangements for the sweetheart table. I definitely could have cut costs (no callas for the BMs, no votive candles for the CPs, bought a cheaper aisle runner) but I had some room in my budget for flowers. 

Good luck!!
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to meet with Jane on July 9!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going on the 10th!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone - you guys are so helpful! :)
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jane wasn't available for my date, but we did get a great deal on flowers from Azalea Floral Design.

We're getting my bouquet, 11 bouts, 6 wrist corsages, 6 shephards' hook arrangements for the ceremony, two topiary trees covered in hydrangea for the altar, 18 centerpieces, and three fireplace displays (candles and larger hydrangea-based arrangements).  Our budget was $3000, and that came in at $2800.  We spared no expense, and haven't had to compromise on anything.  We're getting garden roses, peonies if they can find them, really elegant and expensive-looking centerpieces (low arrangements, which end up being less expensive but I think classier).

Don't forget flowers for the Moms and Dads and grandparents!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_flower-budget-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:aa73019f-52c8-4be6-b5dd-73fe782bf39aPost:cc705dfe-4856-4c4b-b80a-56fa90c94b2d">Re: Flower Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jane wasn't available for my date, but we did get a great deal on flowers from Azalea Floral Design. We're getting my bouquet, 11 bouts, 6 wrist corsages, 6 shephards' hook arrangements for the ceremony, two topiary trees covered in hydrangea for the altar, 18 centerpieces, and three fireplace displays (candles and larger hydrangea-based arrangements).  Our budget was $3000, and that came in at $2800.  We spared no expense, and haven't had to compromise on anything.  We're getting garden roses, <strong>peonies</strong> if they can find them, really elegant and expensive-looking centerpieces (low arrangements, which end up being less expensive but I think classier). Don't forget flowers for the Moms and Dads and grandparents!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>JEALOUS that they're atleast trying to find you peonies! My florist loked at me and said "mmm, no" - I got over it but I'm still totally jealous!

</div>
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JodiArielJodiAriel member
    edited December 2011
    I worked with Jane and since I had a rustic garden wedding I was using semi-inexpensive flowers (Gerber Daisies and my bouquet was tulips), I had a very small budget and she was able to do 12 table centerpieces, my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, 2 packs of flower petals for the little girls, 7 boutonniere, a throw bouquet and 2 corsages for the moms for $1300.  She was great to work with as well!
    We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz
  • Melissa603Melissa603 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_flower-budget-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:aa73019f-52c8-4be6-b5dd-73fe782bf39aPost:9a018922-6fb0-4359-85c4-4db94af33657">Re: Flower Budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going on the 10th!
    Posted by whitneyf1[/QUOTE]

I lied - I mixed up my vendors lol. We are going to Jane on the 10th and Mozzicatos on the 9th!

We are meeting with Jane at 2 - maybe we will pump into you!
  • rabidbadgerrabidbadger member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to my florist down in Guilford. White House Guilford Florist and the owner, Paula Antoni is wonderful! She is very creative and worked within my budget! I'm getting 6 bridesmaid bouquets, my bouquet, 9 boutineeres, 3 wrist corsages and centerpieces with submersible lights among the crystals which I loved! I'm using sunflowers (my favorites!), ranunculus, purple calla lilies, mini green hydrangea, and purple hyacinth. The bridesmaids have less variety. I'm getting this all for about $850. I was very excited she could keep me in budget. I'm not doing any flowers at the church because my wedding is the weekend after Easter and there's a TON of flowers on the altar and the podium left over from Easter. I'll just be adding white bows to the pews for decoration. Paula worked with me and adapted my ideas to something that would actually work with the flowers in the spring, without adding to my budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards