Connecticut
Options

Decor help!

Hi all! So I think all my big checks are done for my wedding and I am now working on decor. 

I am looking flip flops for a flip flop basket. I would like to buy them in bulk. Does anybody know of a place to buy them?

I am also looking for birch bark vases/pots for our centerpieces. I need 6 by 7 or 6 by 8 vases/pots. I need to order 20-22.  I have found some onsave-on-crafts, but they have been unavailable for the past month or so. Does anyone know another place to get them that wouldn't cost us a lot. 

Lastly, I need help with invitations. I thought I was going to order them for Wedding Paper Diva, but when the sample came I hated it! Does anyone recommend a good site or vendor? My FI wants an elegant invite and I want rustic, so we need something that kind of has both.

Thanks so much!!!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Decor help!

• Options
    We used Jess at Esto-prints for our invitations. She makes them all herself, so she doesn't do letter press or anything fancy, but invites weren't high up on our list of importance & what we were willing to pay alot on. I have gotten a TON of compliments on them, they look really good. Jess is doing all the paper for our wedding and so far she has been great to work with, really creative! Just tell her what you want and she'll give you samples!
  • Options
    My sister and I bought flip flops for her flip flop basket at Michael's when they were on clearance..I think it was towards the end of summer (she had a sept. 2010 wedding) and each pair was less than $1. I've also seen other people post about getting them at Old Navy when they have their flip flop sale.

Birch bark/vases pots I'm not sure about--maybe try the classifies on weddingbee.com
    imageNovember 2012 November Siggy Challenge - Venue!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would also suggest Old Navy...keep an eye out for coupons.  As for invitations, I used 123print.com and have been sooo happy with how they came out, price, etc.  When is your wedding?
  • Options
    Nicole at Invitingfriendz.com made both our Save the Dates and Invitations.  She customized both to our every request, and did such an amazing job!! She was a pleasure to work with and very reasonably priced for the fantastic quality of her work. I would highly recommend her to anyone.

I would def. say Old Navy is a good bet for flip flops!!! They are so many color choices and the $1 sale is the best!!

Good luck!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help! I am getting married in October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Old Navy's flip flops just came out but they are 2/$5 so I am waiting for the summer sales when they sell for around $1 (and now I'll check out Michaels too).
  • Options
    Check out places like Homegoods for the baskets.  They always have good deals there... 

Also,for flip flops bc that is something I'm looking into to -  it's more pricy than Old Navy, but to me it seems easier to buy in bulk than trying to piece together various sizes through sales-  My sister's boss who owns a salon recommended buying bulk through here. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM4630289901P?ci_sku=SPM4630289901&ci_src=14110944&i_cntr=1330573565939&sid=IDx20101019x00001a

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    I LOVE the birch/bark vases.  Have you checked out etsy? Not sure what price range you are looking at but here are some cheaper ones...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/91842982/6-birch-bark-tubes-natural-decor
    The sizing looks off but you might be able to contact the seller and see if he can make larger ones?

Found these as well:
    http://www.koyalwholesale.com/pages-productinfo-product-15855/natural_birch_bark_vases_2_sizes.html

Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards