Connecticut

Deposit - DJ

How much of a deposit did your DJ require? We are meeting with Mr. Music Man tonight and he requires half up front. That just seems like a lot ot me. Most of my other vendors only required $300-$500 with the exception of my venue. He's asking for almost $1000...

Re: Deposit - DJ

• banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That does seem like a lot.  From what I can recall when we were married, the only vendor that wanted more than $500 was our venue.

You can always ask why the deposit is so high and see if it's open to negotiation.
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put down $400 for our DJ. But I have had other vendors require $1000 or more- our venue, photographer/videographer, and some florists I've talked to (but all of these cost more than the DJ also). I think it just depends on the vendor, but definitely see if they're willing to negotiate
    imageAnniversary
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that seems high.  Our DJ deposit was $250
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies. I feel a little better knowing that it's not just me. I was fine with my venue requiring a bigger deposit of $2000, but I wouldn't have given them half up front either. I am going to call him and have a chat about the deposit.
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also booked Mr Music Man. We had gotten the $2000 package, but got a $500 discount from  a bridal show. Our deposit was $750, so yep, he does require half up front. I think the other half is due a month before the wedding.
    Anniversary
  • tannymcgeetannymcgee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put down $250 for our DJ but we have to pay the rest in full 30 days out (tomorrow, yikes).  
    Married 4/30/11
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put down $200 for our DJ deposit. Which was only 25% since our DJ was only $800.
  • edited December 2011
    We only had to put down $100 for our DJ - but he's extremely nice and flexible, about things, so I don't think that's always the norm.  I know for my dress I had to put down 50%....every vendor (not just TYPE of vendor, but vendor in/of themselves) is different - it depends on who you go with and how popular they are and how much money they cost.
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    He does require half up front. We paid it to him as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards