Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon wardrobe....

So are you ladies buying new clothes for the honeymoon or wearing things you already have? I have clothes that would work but I would love to buy a few cute dresses and stuff...But we don't have a ton of money for buying clothes lol.
If you are buying new clothes where are you buying them at? Victorias Secret has some cute dresses!

TTC since April 2012
BFP #1 9/26/12 EDD 6/7/13 MC at 5w2d on 10/6/12
BFP #2 1/18/13 EDD 9/29/13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

My Blog

Re: Honeymoon wardrobe....

• I usually buy new dresses every year for our vacation. But I never spend alot - I always shop clearance racks and find great deals. Borrowing from friends is another great idea b/c its "like" having a new dress!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am seriously a terrible person to ask this to because I use any excuse to go shopping.  I went on a week-long cruise with some friends this spring and I thought that was enough cause to literally buy a new dress and swimsuit for pretty much every day of the vacation lol.

So I say the honeymoon is definitely a splurge-worthy event!  :-)

And actually a couple of the dresses and swimsuits came from VS too!
  • When I have a vacation coming up I usually try to get a few new dresses or beach coverups. I usually get my dresses from Victorias Secret, F21, H&M, and Body Central and with Body Central I usually get a GREAT deal. I bought 3 dresses from them before a cruise last year for $9 each!

For the HM, I brought some dresses I already had, but also stocked up on a few new ones. I wore a dress every night to dinner (mostly sundresses) with sandals.
  • I bought some new stuff for HM and wore some of my old stuff. I only bought stuff that was on clearance because it was mostly cover ups and thin dresses so I didn't want to spend alot on them, but I did splurge on my swim suits (j crew has awesome swimsuits)!
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • maybe i got one or 2 new things but we travel a lot so i have a ton of stuff.
    and if money is tight i dont think you need to buy anything.

• I got a new swimsuit and sundress at Target (all on clearnace). $55 total
    I got a new fancy dress on clearance and Boston's Store.  $40
    Oh, I did get a new nightie at Target (clearance again) too :)

We went on a cruise so I didn't pack much.  It all fit in a carry-on sized roller suit case. 
    Traveling clothes (jeans, sneakers, tank, sweater)
    2 swim suits
    2 cover-ups
    1 sun dress
    4 fancy dresses
    1 pair work out clothes
    1 sandal
    1 dress show
    2 nighties
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing a little bit of both!!  I have 4 new swimsuits...this was my splurge!!  LOL  I will be bringing a couple new dresses, new pair of shorts and some fairly new tops that have only been worn a couple times.  Then whatever else I have in my closet!  The only thing I really would like is a new cover-up from VS and some cute new sandals.  We shall see, right now is a good time to buy stuff on clearance I would think.

• I looked at Body Central, I had never even heard of them before, but they have really cute stuff and not expensive at all! Thanks for the suggestion!
    TTC since April 2012
    BFP #1 9/26/12 EDD 6/7/13 MC at 5w2d on 10/6/12
    BFP #2 1/18/13 EDD 9/29/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

My Blog
  • I bought a few new things and borrowed from my sister.  Between both of us -  I will have way too much.  But thats how I travel!! haha
  • I bought a few dresses from Loft and from Old Navy--not a ton of money, but I did like having new clothes for the HM :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Old Navy and Target both have great, inexpensive sundresses, sandals and bathing suits-- especially when they're on sale!

I love Victoria's Secret stuff so I wait until things are on clearance, and I get weekly coupons as well.

Glad I found this post; I've been trying to think of a few other places to check out as well :)
  • I am Loehmann's fan so I would suggest that. I think it also depends on where you're honeymooning. Personally I don't think I'll be buying too much for my Bahamas HM 'cause I'm stocked up on beach-y outfits and will probably hit the outlet malls in Vegas before the wedding for just a couple of new dresses. Provided there's any money left LOL
    One thing I'll make sure to buy beforehand is intimate apparel, that MUST be new ^_^

Don't know if it's useful to anyone but I like to attach this packing list link every now and then. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards