Connecticut

Calling all Mystic Seaport brides....

My wedding is next June and I'm getting super ansy to start the process with our coordinator, has anyone done this for 2012?

Re: Calling all Mystic Seaport brides....

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in April there and we haven't starting talking with anyone yet. Anxious as well! I'm thinking once this season wraps up, they'll start focusing on the next batch!
    mikeandtine.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next year, too.  I got an email from Alyson last week that she's slammed with weddings this month, but plans to start focusing on the 2012 weddings in October, making appointments for tastings, etc.
  • RNJadeRNJade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amy Stroope is my coordinator and she said that we will not be getting together or having tasting until April for my August 2012 wedding....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhhh I'm so excited for you guys!!!!!  We worked with Alyson and she was really on top of things for our June wedding. I think we got an email in January to schedule the group tasting for late February. 

Good luck planning!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like the four month mark is where we begin! I cannot wait!! Do you guys have a lot of stuff planned already? Our wedding is in the River Room, what about you guys?
  • edited December 2011
    So funny I JUST got an email from Amy to schedule my tasting ahhh!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Weird coincidence, I JUST got the email from Amy to schedule the tasting. I guess they're not doing group tastings anymore, they're doing one on one :)
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I haven't booked our venue yet, but we're strongly considering Mystic Seaport. Just out of curiousity, are you ladies going to be paying extra for the tasting? I know that some caterers charge, while others offer the tasting for free after you book with them.
  • Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_calling-mystic-seaport-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:c952f087-031b-4c0f-acad-510ffd3a039aPost:feb44e13-f1a2-41f1-a855-a86d086f0cea">Re: Calling all Mystic Seaport brides....</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance and I haven't booked our venue yet, but we're strongly considering Mystic Seaport. Just out of curiousity, are you ladies going to be paying extra for the tasting? I know that some caterers charge, while others offer the tasting for free after you book with them.
    Posted by chf08[/QUOTE]

When we had our tasting, we just paid extra for my parents because they wanted to come along but it was free for FI and me.  I'm not sure if that's changed at all.
  • edited December 2011
    @c_meahan: We're in the River Room, too.  All we have planned at this point is the date and venue, but our wedding isn't til November, so I figure we've got plenty of time to get things figured out.

@chf08: Our tasting is free for the first two people, then an extra charge for any other people we want to bring.    
  • jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just got an email from Amy to schedule our tasting too!! :) our wedding's in June also, and we can schedule or tasting anywhere from Nov-Feb...so exciting! we might do our cake tasting/selection the same day also :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hannahbeenanahannahbeenana member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies,

I am going crazy looking for a venue. This weekend i am going to look at Mystic Aquarium and I'm thinking of looking Mystic Seaport too. How was your experience with them so far? Food, price, anything I should know. ask?

Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards