Connecticut

Venue Help

I am in desperate need of help for booking a venue for a July 2012 wedding!! I am going to look at Mystic Seaport, Water's Edge, Harkness and Ocean Cliff in Newport in the next few weeks.  Other than those, I am struggling with trying to find a place.  We really are trying to stick to our budget of up to 125 per person.  We really are willing to go anywhere along the coast line of CT and RI.  Any suggestions??
Thank you!!

Re: Venue Help

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married @ Harkness- we love it..so that's my vote :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Mystic Seaport June 2011 - Coastal Gourmet (the catering company that runs the event catering for the Seaport) is awesome to work with, great prices, and it's a great location for what you get :)

Another water location worth looking into is Amarante's in New Haven...we looked at it and loved it but couldn't afford it as their minimum requirement for guests was outside of our small guest list (they require 75 on Sundays, 100 on Friday/Saturday at around $80 pp would put that at around $8000; our guest list is around 50 for that reason specifically, we didn't want to jack up costs with more guests, and we don't even really have 100 people we'd want to invite to our wedding)
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Anthony's Ocean View in New Haven had a great Sunday deal when we booked.  It is only 100pp including tax and gratuity! 
  • SuMmErKuTiESuMmErKuTiE member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married this past June at Waters Edge and have nothing but amazing things to say about the venue and our onsite wedding coordinator Cindy. The grounds, the views, and the building itself are so beautiful and the food and service was amazing! Pics in my married bio of how it all came out.

One of the things about Waters Edge is how much you get for the price per person. Onsite wedding coordinator, overnight accomodations for the bride and groom, the cake, massage or facial for the bride and groom at their spa, and anniversary dinner the following year are all included in your package. Plus we saved a ton of money by not needing to book limos for us and our wedding party because we had our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all in one place for a flat rate per person.
  • edited December 2011
    We got married at Amarante's in New Haven. :)

www.amarantes.com
    imageimage
    Welcome to the world, Baby W: born on 3/8/12 @ 3:49pm - 8lb 11 oz, 22 in. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards