Connecticut
Options

Need help with a venue

I am looking for a venue in ct or ri that is affordable but does not sacrifice the style or class of the venue. I am also looking for a venue that lets us build our own menu of hours derves and stations if possible instead of a full sit down dinner or buffet. Thanks!!

Re: Need help with a venue

• Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    what area of CT are you looking to stay in? also, do you have any preferences such as near the water/outdoors, on-site ceremony, unique venue, traditional ballroom/country club etc.?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    As of yet I am open to mostly anything and still exploring my options. Ideally I would love a place with an outdoor setting near the ocean or with a beautiful scenery, this may not be possible on a budget. Any suggestions are welcome. I am not the type to get married at a plain banquet hall.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look into the Carousel at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven!  That's where we had our reception, and it was gorgeous.  The pavillion sits on the beach, right on the Sound.  You can also arrange to have your ceremony on the beach, if you wish.  PM me if you want to know more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Port and Starboard in New London CT. Ocean views, very decent prices for the area.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on your idea of budget. I had similar wants, and found exactly what I wanted at Branford House in Groton, CT. It costs $4000 for the venue rental, 10 hours and you can have a ceremony there at no extra charge. It also includes tables and chairs. It is STUNNING! They have no requirements on any other vendors, so I recommend contacting Emily's Catering as they apparently specialize in appetizers and stations, and have lots of experience at Branford House. They'ree surprisingly not ridiculously expensive.

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the ideas. I will look more into all of them!
  • Options
    jacki8788jacki8788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I definitely didn't want a plain banquet hall, either!
    We're having our reception at the River Room at Mystic Seaport, and the ceremony at the gazebo inside the Seaport (way less expensive than the North Lawn, although it's nice). This was our "splurge," but we got a slight discount by removing one of the soup/salad courses. You can also get discounts by having your wedding on a Friday or Sunday, or during the off-season (Nov-April).
    Here are a couple others you might want to look into:

-Pond House/Elizabeth Park (Hartford)
    -Wickham Park (Manchester)
    -Anthony's Lake CLub
    -The Boathouse (Hartford)
    -Barns at Wesleyan Hills (Middletown)
    -CT River Museum (you'd need to bring in a caterer)
    -St. Clement's Castle (Portland)
    -Mystic Aquarium

I also like the Lighthouse Point Park idea, we might do our engagement pics there :) Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards