Connecticut

CT Wineries - Photo Shoot

Hi Ladies,

Wondering if any of your had/ are having your engagement photo shoot at any local CT wineries. Fiance and I are setting ours up with our photographer and want to do it at a local winery in the snow. Any experience with this? Suggestions on wineries to use which allow photos to be taken there?  Cost or process of getting permission if any? And of course nice scenery - we definitely want ones that have a vineyard.

Thanks!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: CT Wineries - Photo Shoot

• edited December 2011
    Gouivea in Wallingford is beautiful. Their wine is yummy too! 
    Picnik collageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had our epics taken at Gouveia in Wallingford this summer.  I just called ahead of time and the woman I spoke to was very nice.  She just asked that we come on a Thurs or Fri when they are less busy (they are only open Fri-Sun this time of year I think) and that we call them again a couple of days before we were coming just to give a heads up to the people who were working that day.  There was no fee and they were very accommodating to us that day.  It was a Thursday early afternoon so we basically had the place to ourselves. 

The pictures came out beautiful!  They have huge windows and a double sided fireplace.  And the outdoor scenery is gorgeous!  It is on a huge hill that overlooks a pond and farmland.  It is beautiful! 

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I almost forgot --  Gouveia does have vineyards on the property.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just went to Gouveia the other day...their grounds are gorg!

we had our wedding at Haight Brown Vineyard in Litchfield and were able to take lots of pics in the vineyards in between the rows!  they came out amazing :)  i've got lots and lots of pics if you'd like to see them...just let me know!  i doubt they'd charge you to do pics on the grounds there...
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding was at Jonathan Edwards in N. Stonington.  They'd probably allow it, just give them a call.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another vote for Gouveia!
    FI and I had our pictures done there in October. The woman I spoke with was very nice. She just asked that we call ahead when we knew our date to make sure there wasn't a private event going on that day. We went on a Tuesday when there was nobody there. We took pictures with the grapes and in between the rows of grapevines and they also have a lake with a small dock you an take pictures on. It was absolutely lovely! I would be happy to e-mail you some pics that were taken, you can e-mail me at amber.menard@gmail.com
  • AmberLyn9AmberLyn9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OH! I almost forgot. The picture in my siggy was actually taken at Gouvia, but it wasn't our photo shoot. That was just a fun wine afternoon!
  • ChomieChomie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh . . . Sharpe Hill is nice, it's off Rt. 6 more eastern CT.  My boyfriend (now fiance) took me there one day and there was a couple getting engagement photos done. Its gorgeous and I ended up later seeing the photos b/c the bride works for me now - such a small world!
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours done at Jonathan Edwards Vineyard in North Stonington....LOVE it there!

Here is our album :)

Password is "je"

http://engagementphotosjonathanedwards.shutterfly.com/
  • herb0622herb0622 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    gouveia all the way The grounds are gorgeous there !!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards