Connecticut
Options

Videographer?

Hey All!
I know it's a little late in the game for this (my wedding is June 2, 2012) but I've been going back and forth recently about a videographer. At first I didn't want one...I thought it was just a waste of money and figured I wouldn't watch the video ever, so never looked into getting one. Now that the wedding is getting closer and after hearing people's opinions I'm thinking I made a mistake not getting one. Is anyone here having one? What made you decide to get one? Any last minute recommendations that I could look into? Kind of torn because I don't want to spend a lot of money, but afraid I might regret not having one! Thanks!!

Re: Videographer?

• Options
    I am in the same boat, but my wedding is next month. Im almost to the point in asking someone in the family to at least record the ceremony but it wont be professional. what to do? It might be too late for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am! My wedding is June 16th, and I decided to get one last month (or two months ago... time flies!). There were a LOT of businesses still open, so I don't think you'll have a problem finding someone. 

I went with RI Video Pros (clicky). David says he will stay all day long, from getting ready to the very end, and his prices are a fraction of all the other videographers I contacted. I ended up going with his cheapest package, which lets me just have the raw, unedited video (but he can also do editing if you like). 

If you have some money to spend, I really liked the look of Fran Gagnon's work (clicky) but they weren't available for my date.  
  • Options
    Thank you!! I'll have to try them out. Everyone I talk to says its worth the extra money...I'm just afraid I'll regret it if I don't get it. I was thinking of asking a family member to record the ceremony at least (I dont really care to watch everyone dancing...the ceremony is the most imp. part I would want recorded). I guess that is another option!! 
  • Options
    I was on the fence when we started planning and in talking to people  my mind was quickly made up

I had two friends who said it was their biggest regret to not have at least their ceremony, first dances, and speeches on video. Then I had a cousin tell me that she loves that her kids can watch their wedding video. Those two things sold me there! 

We're using Chris Walsh Productions http://www.chrispro.com/

Since it would be on shorter notice you may be able to get a discount on pricing from some vendors who are still available if you do decide to get one. 

Good Luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I'm having one! We're using Louis from Capture it All (http://captureitall.com/) in Milford. He's really good and affordable! 
    imageMoo Moo Kitten is resting... Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    We're using David Long from Epic Filmmakers (previously DL Video Productions) they do AMAZING work! It's cinematic type videos, so I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but you should definitely check them out! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    At the least, see if you can have someone record the ceremony.  You should be able to hire an amateur from RISD if you post on the Providence Craigslist for only a few hundred dollars.  Or if you're really on a budget, have a friend videotape it with their iPhone.  It won't be the best quality, but at least you'll have it.

For me, it's the live action speaking.  I don't really like the videos that have no audio, just music.  I want to be able to hear our voices, clear as can be, say our vows.  I want to see my grandpa being his awesome self, and hopefully saying a few words to the camera, so that someday when he's not around anymore, I can show my kids and say, "That was my grandpa!"

Our videographers are not cheap - we're spending nearly as much on them as our photographers - but I fully believe they are worth every penny. As we're having an outdoor ceremony, a lot of the samples I was seeing had crappy audio (side note: ask every videographer you're thinking of hiring to send you a final video as it was delivered to the bride - sometimes their little 30 second clips are awesome while the video quality isn't as good - shaky camera work and cruddy audio).  Our videographer has cinema-quality sound so that every sigh and giggle get caught as if you're wedding a wedding in a movie, rather than a home video.

Anniversary

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_videographer-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:de242cc8-643a-4119-94e6-4d820fec30eePost:48ae9b45-4bec-434f-9f1e-214ccb53e0e3">Re: Videographer?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're using David Long from Epic Filmmakers (previously DL Video Productions) they do AMAZING work! It's cinematic type videos, so I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but you should definitely check them out! 
    Posted by meghwood[/QUOTE]

These are our videographers, too - didn't realize they changed their name?  Is there a new email/phone to contact David?

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards