Connecticut

How would you word this?

We're offering babysitting services throughout the wedding at a side room (not sure where it will be during the ceremony, but it'll definitely be there starting during cocktail hour).  However, I want to put a note in the program advising parents that this is an option - both so they can check their children in during the evening festivities and so (most importantly) they will drop off disruptive children before the ceremony.

How would you word that so they know it's available during the ceremony, without essentially ordering them to take disruptive children away?

Yes, I know it's a risk with kids attending the wedding, and it's not a big deal - I'm ready for that.  I just want parents to know there's an option for them.

Anniversary

Re: How would you word this?

• This is what I have so far:

"Babysitting services are provided during the ceremony & reception. If you would like to drop off your child in before or during the ceremony, please sign in with the sitters at the front of the mansion"

Anniversary

• I think that sounds good.  Only thought I have is will these parents know that this service will be available before they get to the wedding.  I think that is something that they would like to know ahead of time. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_how-would-you-word-this?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:65Discussion:e1cda888-d8f2-43a4-8521-b37963cf8166Post:058dd067-6fda-4ecf-9625-c7707a1d4dde">Re: How would you word this?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think that sounds good.  Only thought I have is will these parents know that this service will be available before they get to the wedding.  I think that is something that they would like to know ahead of time. 
    Posted by cdbishop[/QUOTE]

It's on our wedding website, under FAQ.  We will likely let those closest to us with young children know in everyday conversation, which is probably most of the children who will be there.

Anniversary

• id012id012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I think thats good, and as a mom I would apperciate it! 
    I would want to know before hand tho, so i could prepare for him to go to the sitter.. but i think word of mouth is fine before hand
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards