Connecticut

Time to choose my florist

So thanks to all of your suggestions I met with 4 florists. I have narrowed it down to two popular choices - Stylish Blooms or Just for You by Jane. I know there's lots of support for both vendors and the reviews online are all fantastic, so I'll explain my thinking right now and I'd love your feedback.
I actually met with them both on the same day and I left Jane's meeting feeling a lot more excited and comfortable than Melissa's. It's not that I wasn't comfortable with Melissa and she had a ton of great ideas, just more so with Jane. Melissa's prices came in a few hundred $$ cheaper than Jane's (about $300). I know Jane would work with the budget, but I feel like Melissa's overall prices are cheaper.
What would you ladies suggest on how to go about choosing one of them!?! TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Time to choose my florist

• This is really up to you and your FI. What do you think is more important: Gut feeling or your check book?

I'm trying really hard to keep my budget down, so if I came away from two meetings with equally good opinions, I'd choose the cheaper option.

Honestly, BOTH of these vendors are fantastic and I think you'll have beautiful flowers either way. Good luck deciding! 
  • Ditto PP, for me my gut feelings always win out with vendors.  A few hundred dollars is piece of mind to me when working with a vendor that I think can really click with me.  I would also approach Jane to explain the situation and I am sure she we will work with you.

We booked with Jane but Melissa was already booked for our date so I didn't even get meet with her. 

• Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    I was in the exact same situation as you- except in my case, Jane was the less expensive option and I felt more comfortable with another florist.  I ended up going with the more expensive florist who I  clicked with better. I felt that she understood my vision more and made me feel 'excited' about my flowers. I figured in the long run, a few hundred dollars wasn't going to make a difference, and I would be less worried about getting my vision if I chose the florist I loved. I think it's so much easier to deal with vendors who you connect with, and I haven't regretted my decision. That is just my personal experience and two cents  :)  Like you said, they're both great florists so you're in good hands either way.
    imageAnniversary
  • Jane is absolutely wonderful.  I feel like that $300 would end up making itself up in Jane's work. She truly goes above and beyond and prides herself on her work (she wouldn't try to squeeze every last penny out of you).  Obvisouly people rave about Stylish Blooms as well, but I can only speak to my experience with Jane.

Good luck!
  • edited May 2012

I don't have experience with either florist, so I don't have much to offer here other than asking- do you have money in your budget for either florist?  I went with my gut whenever I thought I could afford too, but I'm ending up over budget, so I might not be a good person to take advice from!

Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Melissa-- Before I  met with Melissa, I set up a consultation with another florist and left the appointment not feeling good. I did not have a clear vision, stressed,  and just did not know! When I met with Melissa, I felt comfortable, left the appointment feeling good, and she just put what I had going on in my head and in pictures together. I felt like we clicked and I decided to go with her. I think I also chose her because she has done weddings at my venue, and is doing many more this season so I think that also made a difference. We are also on a budget, and that was the other reason why we chose Melissa. She came in close to what we wanted to spend and made me feel very comfortable about my budget, and that what I wanted could be done within that range.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    I liked Jane a lot more.  Her style just seems more finished to me.  She wasn't available for my date, but I definitely would suggest going with Jane.  If the money is a problem, tell her that and see if she can substitute cheaper blooms to cut down on costs.

Anniversary

• thanks everyone for your feedback!! I'm still not 100% sure but I'm going to make a decision by the end of the week!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards