Connecticut
Options

Where did you get bridesmaid's dresses?

Hello Ladies,
I am looking for recommendations for where to look for bridesmaid's dresses? I live in Southeastern CT, and I am looking for something close by.
We went to alfred angelo today and were really not impressed with the selection.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did you get bridesmaid's dresses?

• Options
    cgbabe229cgbabe229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Melissa Ashley in Westerly RI.  They are unbelievably nice there and the best part is theres no tax in RI!! We got all of our BM dresses there and now we're going back to the woman they are associated with for the alterations of all of the BM dresses, my MOB dress, FG dress, and of course my own :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just picked out mine at Nordstroms.  I didn't expect to find one there but it's not a typical looking BM dress so I love it.  Check out Ann Taylor- they have a wedding section too.  GL!
  • Options
    Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered from Fairytales out of Glastonbury but none of my girls actually went there, except 1.  I chose a Bill Levkoff dress and they called in their measurements.  I had one girl in London, another in Cali, someone in NY, etc. etc.  So at first I thought I would need to do a David's Bridal or something like that but going with a popular designer worked.  One of the girls was able to try the dress on in Macys (NY). 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bella Bridesmaid in Westport, CT. We got Lula Kate dresses - I love them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone. I am going to look into all of these suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry...Even though I live in CT, I feel like I'm in a Fairfield County bubble - I didn't even realize Westport wasn't SE CT - sorry!!
  • Options
    estegemanestegeman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my girls order theirs online.  I chose a Watters and Watters bridesmaid dress and they all ordered from Netbride.com at a discounted rate!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Theres also Niantic Bridal Mall
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We did J.Crew Bridal.  There's only a store in NYC or Boston, so I went with MOH.  The other girls ordered them online. They are great to work with--no problems with exchanging sizes and the best part was fact that they were marked down in price!  WAY down!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    tarai17tarai17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i second Melissa Ashley's Bridal - they have a great selection and the people are so nice
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I'd be wary of Lula Kate dresses - i have been in 2 different weddings where that designer was chosen.  The idea of having and mixing different tops and bottoms is awesome. however the quality of the dresses (especially the scratch silk) was horrendous.  i brought it to a tailor to have taken in and she told me that my $300 dollar dress was worth about $50.  also i went to bella bridesmaids in westport and was rushed to try on the dresses and pick a top and bottom.  the women was very cold.  needless to say it wasn't a good experience at all.

for my wedding i went with bill levkoff. i got them at Mariella's in rocky hill. The staff was great, the quality and price is perfect. (european satin and the dresses were aboiut $185)

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bella Bridesmaid in Westport, CT has a great selection, and they recently changed ownership. The new owners are amazing!! Very helpful and patient.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards