Connecticut

Photographer Decision

We just met with Studio 1923 and loved Jerome!  We do feel like we should meet with a few other photographers before making our decision.  We are meeting with Steve Depino, Victoria Souza, and Val McCormick.  Does anyone have any other photographer suggestions?? And if anyone used Studio 1923 did you like them?

Re: Photographer Decision

• Vanessa630Vanessa630 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I already responded to your previous post but yes, we're going with Studio1923 and love them!  Our wedding is in June but we got our e-pics back and love them! FI also felt really comfortable with them, which was huge!

Honestly, based on your list and what I've heard about the photographers you're meeting with, I don't think you need to interview any others.  That's just my opinion. But as long as you're content with the price range, I think you've got some really talented people to choose from already. 

I interviewed with SO MANY by the time I found that group of photographers.  The only other one I would add to your list would be Raw Photo (possibly more expensive?)

Good luck!!
  • megbrooks2011megbrooks2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another Studio1923 Bride here and we love them as well.
    You definitely have a great list and probably won't have to interview anyone else.  But if you are feeling like you need to here are some more that we looked into, but didn't end up going with.  Their work is on par with your current list.

Carrie Draghi
    Catherine Fiehn
    Tony Spinelli
    Brian Ambrose
    and Vanessa already mentioned RAW.
  • edited December 2011
    Another great photographer in that range of quality and price is Annandale photography.  Kiva is great to work with and his work is amazing!
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Love love love Studio 1923!!! Both sets of engagement pictures and our wedding pictures are just fabulous, and they are great people! I honestly can't say enough about them.

They were actually the only photographer we met with :-) Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I'll second Catherine Fiehn, I'll be using her for the second time coming up. We had booked another photographer because I thought it was tacky to use the same vendor I did for my first wedding that had a great website but then wasn't thrilled with our engagement photos. Be sure to ask to look at a set of photos from a whole wedding. This was huge because many had great "Best of" shots or photos that where taken of models in gowns but when you saw a proof set they where not as good as they seemed. I found this out the hard way and lost a big deposit. Someone told me to do this and it really helped weed some out of the bunch.
  • edited December 2011
    im a CT bride that got married in NH due to last minute changes... we used john loconte based out of boston and he is incredible! he gets amazing reviews and still offers great prices! highly recommend 

hth :)
  • edited December 2011
    My sister hired "...... photography" and the photos were not as great as the ones on the website.  I don't really want to mention any names but if you want to call me I can give you the link and the password for you to view the photos. 

My top choices for photographers right now are 

Fabuluxe Photos at www.fabuluxephotos.com

because I just like their style and both of them were referred to me.

another photographer I am looking at but was not referred is Lisa Hancock
  • teresita.cteresita.c member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My photographer is Jewel Photo and Julie has amazing books/packages.  We did our enagement session and my finace who is not into pictures got into it.  I am happy with our pick and interviewed lots of photographers and didn't want to blow my budget either.  Cannot wait until the big day:):):)
    www.jewelstudio.blogspot.com
    www.jewelphoto.com

Good Luck making the decision!
    Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Mary .. would you mind sending me the password? I sent you a private message thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    We also have Jerome (studio 1923) as our photographer,,, we love him!  We got our engagement pics back and they are great!  Also, a friend of mine just had her wedding pics preview posted and they are gorgeous, he is talented and so down to earth!  Would def recommend him! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards