Connecticut
Options

Just trying to keep it together!

Normally, I'm a very cool, calm, happy person and can handle stress like the best of 'em. But with 25 days to go, and work being insanely stressful, I feel like I can barely hold it together. I clench my jaw at night, I get heart palpatations and even (TMI, sorry) yeast infections!

My mom was in town this weekend for the shower, and she gave me 10 of her zanex pills. I know that's bad, but I have to tell ya, i'm thinking about taking one to get through the stressful work day I have ahead of me. Ugh, i hate it!

Is anyone else going bonkers yet? what do you do to keep it together??  =/
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage

Re: Just trying to keep it together!

• Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have 18 days to go and I'm starting feel the stress growing and growing...there still seems to be so much to do and so little time to do it!  Of the remaining days, only 6 are non-work days so I am freaking I'll never get it all done.  And we still have some bigger stuff to do...like order favors and GM gifts (which FI still hasn't decided on!)  And in the middle of it all, find time to pack for the HM soon! 

Pretty much the only thing I've been doing to destress is taking nice deep breaths!  And I think I'm going to outline all that's left to do (and start making up a list of duties, etc. for the day of) and hopefully that will help ;-) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have 24 days left and I feel the same way. I started having wedding nightmares a few days ago. I dont have many non work days either to get everything together and its very stressful. It kind of just creeps up on you.

I've just been working out as much as possible. It takes my mind off of everything.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bessconnbessconn member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    19 Days to go and feeling exactly the same way. I'm so scattered. I agree that exercising helps a lot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I still got a month so not really stressing yet but I'm sure I will be right before the wedding since I've been procrastinating on a lot of the tasks. Usually when I'm stressed out I bake cookies or cakes and it really calms me down, even working out works too. It's not a bad thing to take anti-aniexty medication but just make sure you see a doctor first so he/she can prescribe the correct dose.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome advice guys. Thank you...i should focus on the excercising. the lists are helping a bit too. I actually had a really good conversation with my client this a.m. about something that's been weighing on my mind a while, and she just said how much she appreciated the way I handled it...she went on to say how much she appreciated having me on the account. I think it may have gone so far as to really help me deal with work over the next few weeks. YAY!  And ZUMBA tonight after work :-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! 172 invitedimage 149 accepted!image 23 can't make itimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All I can say is I to thought of myself as a calm and collected person until the 2 week mark hit. I went coo coo for cocoa puffs. DH had enough of me. All I can say that helped me was I made a check list of every big and small detail and worked on it. Everytime I crossed something else off it was a sigh of relief. I drank a lot of wine and cried a lot. I get overwhelmed easily with huge projects and usually give up...but I couldn't this time. Do not be afraid to ask for help, two of my BMs surprised me and did all my table numbers and frames for some other tables and did a lot to help. I gave up on a few small details to save my sanity and it all worked out wonderfully. So trust me when I say..."take a deep breath it will all work out" and have a glass of wine!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ..or 5. haha
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain, FI come from two very religious families and have never traveled together before and are going on a trip for the first time this week for a wedding. I'm totally stressed out! This is my second wedding and know that this is a breaking point potentially. I'm more worried on my end about that, then his.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards