October 2011 Weddings

What to do with a very very generous gift...

Today a co-worker gave us a very generous gift. I'm not really sure how to respond, but let me explain.

When we first started planning our wedding, we went back and forth about inviting coworkers, but in the end decided not to invite coworkers to keep our numbers down. I've worked with them for awhile now and know them well, but we kept it to family and close friends for the wedding.

Our wedding is next weekend and today my co-worker walked in and told me he has paid for all of our hair appointments for myself, mom and all the bridesmaids! He is the one that referred me to the salon in the first place and he is really good friends with the owners. He ended up helping them build build their salon, so he was give and credit from he owners for salon services. I know that his gift is actually part of that credit he got from the salon, but either way, it is a very generous gift and I am very thankful!

I'm not sure what to do because I do feel a bit of guilt that we didn't invite him. Obviously I can't invite him not, a week before and right after he gave us that gift. He said he is not a card person, but what can we give him as a thank you?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards