Honeymoon Discussions

Need suggestions for all-inclusive? Overwhelmed!

My fiance and I are 8 months out and looking for a place but are totally overwhelmed by all the locations to go in the bahamas, etc.  We are looking for an all-inclusive and he has already been to jamaica and mexico and i've been to hawaii so we are looking for something else.  any ideas?  we are looking for something safe where we can leave the resort and experience some of the culture, history and do some sightseeing?

Re: Need suggestions for all-inclusive? Overwhelmed!

• The only AI I've been to in the Bahamas is the Sandals Grand Bahamian.  It was great and I highly recommend it.  It's in nassau and I felt very safe leaving the resort and taking the public bus.  We went down to the straw market and walked around, as well as the pirate museum and the rum factory.  
  • thanks!  how about any places in the caribbean or bermuda?

• What is your budget? I think that would have a huge impact on where you could go.

• Work with a travel agent. S/he can help you narrow down the options.  Good luck!
  • Bermuda is totally safe and it is so beautiful! But we stayed at a B&B so I'm no help there.
  • I concur- work with a travel agent- they will help you find a great resort for your budget.  We've stayed at Secrets and Sandals and really liked both chains, but prefer Sandals destinations better.  Our TA helped us pick a destination and resort each time we've traveled geared toward what we've been looking for.  If you'd like her info, PM me.  Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_need-suggestions-for-all-inclusive-overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:70611d03-a1e7-4a7c-be0f-8d9d59c1b94bPost:67ab8282-32e8-4fd8-803a-a5a03402afd8">Re: Need suggestions for all-inclusive? Overwhelmed!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bermuda is totally safe and it is so beautiful! But we stayed at a B&B so I'm no help there.
    Posted by FMIL12[/QUOTE]
    Would love to stay at a B&B if possible!  Might give up the all-inclusive!  Where did you stay?
  • We honeymooned at Iberostar Grand Bavaro in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. FANTASTIC!  I highly recommend!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We just vacationed in the DR and I would reccommend it again in a heartbeat. We had so much fun and have never felt such relaxation. This is the site we went through http://www.lifestyleholidaysvacation.com . Mention Kathleen sent you! Good luck planning!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards