Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Couples Resort Jamaica

We are just looking into honeymoon ideas for next year and we both really love what the Couples Resorts in Jamaica have to offer. Does anyone have any reviews for the resorts? Which resort has the best amenities? Any suggestions as to the best one?

Thanks in advance!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Couples Resort Jamaica

• Options
    We stayed at the Sandals Inn in Montego Bay a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. We are going back to Jamaica but trying a different Sandals resort just for something different. The all inlcusive is awesome, the only thing we paid for were massages, the staff was amazing and the food delicious. I highly recomend any Sandals! 
  • Options
    I've heard Sandals are great, but I've also heard the Couples resorts are basically the same thing for cheaper. I'm also interested in the Couples resorts, glad you asked! From what I looked at I either like Tower Isle or Swept Away but I haven't been there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Expect to see plenty of swingers!
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Couples Swept Away is one of my favorite AI resorts-- been there many times. There is about a 45-minute drive from the airport, but they start you off right by welcoming you with a cool wet cloth and a glass of champagne. The resort is romantic and on a gorgeous beach. I'd recommend the included snorkelling trips and water-skiing from their list of included activities. Personally, I prefer the older 'garden view" rooms. We love them. They're minimalist, with no tv, a large shower that easily accommodates 2, a huge bed in the middle of the room with lots of natural terra cotta colors and white fabrics-- feels romantic and tropical to me. The windows have wooden louvers (with mesh) that allow the jungle sounds in and keep the bugs out. And the upper level rooms come with balconies with large day beds on them.  But they also have more modern rooms with tv and well-stocked mini bars.  It's in Negril, which in my opinion is the best beach in Jamaica (calm, warm waters free of seaweed and jellyfish, with powdery white sand, endless space to roam)-- so if you're beach people, it doesn't get any better! Remember to reserve dinner at Feather's restaurant at least once. There spa area is also really nice, and we've gotten couples massages there often. Walk down the beach (right, not left) to Cosmo's restaurant for authentic Jamaican food--especially some good jerk chicken. Take a day trip to Dunn's River Falls if you can, and visit Rick's cafe for sunset drinks and music and a possible jump off the cliffs if you're brave enough! HTH
  • Options
    Couples does not have a lot of swingers! It's mostly couples in their 20s and 30s who are celebrating their honeymoons or anniversaries. I have been to Couples Sans Souci and Couples Tower Isle. Both are on the Ochos Rios side. I definitely want to try out Couples Swept Away. I'd say that is the best property in their portfolio. Great beach, romantic, and laid back.

• Options
    rsmiles77rsmiles77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Over 5 yrs ago I stayed at sister resort to sandals...Beaches resort. It was great! It was in ochos rios Jamaica. We had our own little private room with plunge pool. All inclusive was great and the beach with all of the amenities was across the street. The beach was perfect and they had tons of amenities for no cost (including diving if you wanted to try it!) On a few occasions we ventured off the resort for the Dunn's falls, shopping (be careful though, vendors are like more than pushy) and a river tubing experience (relaxing). It was super affordable...! Good luck!
  • Options
    I know I didn't start this thread but thanks for all the opinions! Just out of curiosity, did you book directly through the resort or were you able to find a deal somewhere? I've looked at cheapcarribean.com and allinclusiveoutlet.com. Would you recommend booking through one of those sites, directly through Couples, or finding a travel agent? For what you get the price isn't bad but I think we're going to have trouble saving up for it with the wedding too :-/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    I booked my first trip through an agent and my second trip on my own. A good TA can price match anything online and from what I've seen, can beat the prices on Couples.com. I only booked on my own because I had some free nights to redeem. Another perk of using an agent or online agent (ie: Expedia) is that you'll have airfare and hotel all on one reservation. that way, if your flight is canceled or delayed, you just have to make a phone call and the agent will fix the hotel portion.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_couples-resort-jamaica?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:71af80c3-c406-4bba-8ef0-b0ac6ec28ad7Post:32f1627d-f58e-47fa-80a1-674ae1c1947f">Re: Couples Resort Jamaica</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I didn't start this thread but thanks for all the opinions! Just out of curiosity, did you book directly through the resort or were you able to find a deal somewhere? I've looked at cheapcarribean.com and allinclusiveoutlet.com. Would you recommend booking through one of those sites, directly through Couples, or finding a travel agent? For what you get the price isn't bad but I think we're going to have trouble saving up for it with the wedding too :-/
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

Couples price matches, if you find a better deal somewhere else they will match it (and likely throw in a little extra incentive like a spa credit or something.)
  • Options
    Cool, thanks. I don't think I'll need airfare because I can get it pretty cheap (thanks dad!), though it would be standby so that could potentially be an issue but my parents are pretty good at watching flights for the best chance of getting on the flight. But if airfare can be super cheap it would be nice to have the "guarantee" of getting on the flight (obviously taking into account that it could be canceled or delayed for some reason). A travel agent might be worth it to find the best deals.. lots to think about!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Personally, I would NOT risk flying standby for a HM. I flew to Jamaica in May and the flight was packed. Obviously, a lot depends on where you are flying from, but at most, they have 1-2 flights per day. The hotel will also issue a cancellation fee if you change your reservation the day of. Most people buy trip insurance to avoid fees due to late flights or cancellations, but in your case, a stand by flight would not be covered, so insurance won't help.

• Options
    We just returned from our one-year anniversary/delayed honeymoon vacation to Couples Tower Isle. It was a great, relaxing vacation, though not free of flaws! 

We used a travel agent (It was VIP vacations, though I see there's a spam problem with her via the sticky up top), and she was great (though I had no problems that I needed to contact her with). 

I just wrote a super-long review of the resort for Trip Advisor, but it hasn't been posted yet. If you check the website in a day or two, it will be there most likely! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards