Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon suggestions!!!

Hello everyone,
me and my fiance are having trouble finding somewhere afordable to go for our honeymoon due to saving for the actual wedding. we were thinking about going somewhere closer like virginia beach or somewhere for about 5 nights but everything is so expensive and anything that is cheaper doesnt look like its goign to be any good or fun. looking to spend under 1,000 for 5 nights and its seeming to be impossible. I would love some help and have no where to go. I want like a hotel on the oceanfront or maybe a bed and breakfast by the beach but no luck!!! Any suggestions??? this is very stressful!!!.

Re: Honeymoon suggestions!!!

• Options
    have you checked out VRBO?  A vacation rental or condo might be a cheaper way to go.  You can also make your own food and save that way, but still be in an awesome location!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    What about a cruise out of Baltimore? You could prob get a cruise for around $1000 for 5-7 days either going to Bermuda or Bahmas.
    imageAnniversary Vacation
  • Options
    I planned our honeymoon online, we spent more than you want to, but look into places that have what you want.

Ideally you would drive, saving money on airfare. The following areas are lovely and you can find budget friendly hotels

Charleston SC
    Myrtle Beach
    NJ Seashore

I have a friend who has a house 2 houses from the beach on the shore in NJ. Great house, she rents it for $1000 a week. That's over your budget, but look into B&B's, house rentals not so close, etc.

I planned my honeymoon by deciding on a place, then researching that location's website, along with www.tripadvisor.com where you can find reviews written by real people for restaurants and hotels. You could find an inexpensive hotel for less than $150 a night, stay at one really great place for ONE night only, and spend your time relaxing on the beach. It takes time, but you can do it.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Cheapcarribbean.com and bookit.com always had really good deals. Keep a look out.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards