Honeymoon Discussions

LA honeymoon

Hubby and I will be staying in LA for a few nights before we travel to Bora Bora. Does anyone have any suggestions for some romantic things to do in LA or the LA area?I I'm sure we'll probably end up doing some of the touristy attractions but I'm looking for responses for more honeymoon geared activities as opposed to being like a tourist. Thanks!

Re: LA honeymoon

• We took our HM last year down the coast of California.

One of my favorite hotels in the LA area is Casa Malibu Inn. It's old school (it's said the celebrities of the 40's and 50's went there), reasonably priced for a hotel right on the beach. Link here: http://tiny.cc/Ag8e2b .

They don't have a website, you have to call and make your reservations on the phone. They actually send you a receipt on paper in the mail, LOL. Ask for a room right on the beach with the overhanging deck. You can walk to the gate and then walk down the beach to the Malibu PIer.

A great romantic restaurant in Malibu is Geoffrey's. Also on the water.

From here it is not that far to drive to the LA touristy scene (if you want it at all). We parked in a garage near the Kodak Theater (where the Oscars are every year) and saw the hand & foot prints in front of Grauman's Theater.

Something not "LA touristy" but cool are the La Brea Tar Pits. Sounds weird, but if you like to see science and something different, there are skeletons from the mammoths and large cats that were stuck in the tar, which still bubbles to this day.

You must, of course, see Rodeo Drive, park there and eat somewhere, anywhere. We didn't see any stars, but had great fun.
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Yamashiro is a great romantic restaurant.  Great food.  Amazing view.

21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been to LA 4 times on trips with my fiance. We do lots of touristy stuff, BUT I would definitely suggest the Griffith Observatory at sunset. Even if you don't decide to go in (there's a museum), just wonder around to see awesome views of LA. And at sunset - it's the best. I think we saw a bride and groom taking wedding pics there. (The inside is closed on Mondays, however.)

I've heard the view from Yamashiro (mentioned above) is great. We stayed at the Magic Castle (right below that restaurant). It's no 5-star, but it's a great stay/find in the heart of Hollywood. The next morning they served the most amazing muffins in the courtyard too. We'd definitely go back there.

I'd also recommend any beach pier strolling - Manhattan, Huntington, Redondo, Santa Monica, Venice boardwalk.
  • Thanks everyone! Everything sounds great. Can't wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards