• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2011 Weddings

*July Poll*

Checks for the month?
Plan on working on or trying to make happen?
What's new and exciting in your life?
Something Random?

Re: *July Poll*

• Checks for the month? FIND A PHOTOGRAPHER!!! (Haha, sorry for the caps girls, but I want to get this one out of the way!)
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen?  Find a job, create a happy summer for my son, get started on some DIY projects, get some more scrapbook pages in my colors for some of the DIY projects
    What's new and exciting in your life?  New? Exciting?  My life?  Ah now those things just don't go together!  Yeah...hmm.  I'm thinking, I'm thinking!  Let's see...currently we're living with my parents and they've found the model of house they want to have bult as well as the area they want to build it.  All that needs to be done before building can get started is the actual road needs to be extended out.  I want them to do this!!! We still have the house in Indiana for sale so have been renting in the meantime and this current house kept from having to move my son to a different classroom during the school year but we hate it.  Of course I'm hoping to find a full time job and w can get out on our own before this house gets built but if it doesn't, there will still be plenty of room for us all.  I'm thankful for supportive parents.
    Something Random?  Sleeeeppp....
  • Checks for the month?  Email the church to set up the walk through appointment with my parents and the FI, email photographers, email the DJ, find a cake topper I actually like, and a more "traditional" guest book to go with our awesome alternative
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen?  Actually clicking the "Compose" button on the email for the church and DJ and the "Contact Us" link for the photographers and actually look for the cake topper and guest book
    What's new and exciting in your life?  not really
    Something Random?  Pineapples are sticky
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Checks for the month? Hopefully find a photographer, and going on my first trip to try on dresses!
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Trying to spend time with FI. He's been working between 60-80 hours a week lately, and we just don't get to see each other. Possibly a mini vacation somewhere? Who knows.
    What's new and exciting in your life? Not too much. My boss is about to have her twins!! I'm so excited for her! Other than that, not much. Just hanging out, and working. Ya know, the usual.
    Something Random?
    I just made a fantastic pork tenderloin. I'm starting to get really good at this cooking thing :)
  • Checks for the month?Well tomorrow (July 1st) meeting with a one of three potential florist. Then on July 11th we have our engagement class.
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Been working on DIY project. Hopefully can finish it. Also trying to find a full time job. Very difficult when all they want is experience.
    What's new and exciting in your life? Well I been hanging out with my new neice and pretty soon going to be helping our friends move closer to us. Then FI and will be looking for a house. I know nothing too exciting, but I have nothing.
    Something Random I can not wait to find a full time job to buy a house!!!
  • Checks for the month? We are meeting with our photography this month to set up engagement photos(it's too hot in Chicago to take photos during the summer lol) and talk about what we want to do for the wedding

Plan on working on or trying to make happen? I really want to pick my invitations. I don't have a strong theme for the wedding design yet so I'm going to try to pick invites and work backwards. I may have found one I like and it's done on recycled paper which thrills me but I need the FI to look at it.
    I also want to put together an engagement dinner so that my friends and my FI friends can meet and mingle and find a cute way to ask my bridesmaids to be part of the wedding.

What's new and exciting in your life? I am trying to find a new place to live! I have been living in Indianapolis this year to go to grad school and took a job closer to Chicago for the Fall. I'm very excited to be closer to the FI and this is like my dream job.

Something Random? I have to mow the grass tomorrow.
    Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio
  • JenS711JenS711 member
    100 Comments
    edited July 2010
    Checks for the month? Still trying to find a photographer, I think we're decided on a dj but we need to pay that ( we may be pushing our reception time up so we want to figure that out before we sign the dj contract)
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Agreeing on a photographerwould be fantastic, as soon as we figure out dates I want to start my invites, I want to purchase the rest of my flowers for the bms
    What's new and exciting in your life? Well we bought our wedding rings so thats done. I love mine. My birthday is coming up on the 11th and on the 9th I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out...not too excited
    Something Random? I really need to work on the planning website
    October 2011:
    Favorite registry item:Fiestaware

Planning Bio
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so from what I'm getting, July is "Find a Photographer" Month on the October 2011 board
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Checks for the month?
    Set a date for engagment photos
    Pick our save the dates & possibly invitations

Get in touch with the park board to make sure I can use the park for my ceremony & if not find a new place! Also find a good place to rent chairs for an outside wedding.

Plan on working on or trying to make happen?
    Centerpiece & decoration ideas, try to work on fi & I's scrapbooks...I'm about 2 years behind :/ college took over!
    FI may have a new job in the town we actually live rather than an hour away [interview on saturday!]
    Finish summer school & then I'll only have fall & spring semesters left!
    My little brother is going to stay with my for a few days & I pretty excited about it. Him & FI are really close which is great but I never see him when FI around, so I'm excited.
    Something Random?
    I'm watching Mall Cops on TLC :P
    October 2011:Our baby :)
    Jed <3 Ashlie updated 10/03/10</br>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Found my cake topper!!!!

Lookie:

Linkie goodness: http://tinyurl.com/2gytzax

The jar isn't attached to the hanger, but once we get home again, we're going to hang the jar up in the apartment with the hanger.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Checks for the month? Pick out save the dates / figure out last bridesmaid
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen?  try to get colors picked out, and pick a day in December/January for picking out dresses (my MOH lives far away).
    What's new and exciting in your life? After being engaged for four years, FINALLY having a date picked out.
    Something Random?
    at work not wanting to be at work...Tongue out
  • Checks for the month? Working on the guestbook (I'm loving this project so much)  that's about it for now... :)
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Just saving away to make some payments on venues/etc.
    FFIL bought us a new mower AND an new weed eater...and he offered to pay for our plane tickets for our HM  :)  SO excited about all that.
    Something Random? Work is slooooow and boring today :P
  • Checks for the month? Schedule an engagement photo session, look into ceremony musicians...mostly just coasting this month though, since we've got venue + catering, reception music, photographer, rings, and dress out of the way by now!

Plan on working on or trying to make happen? I'm currently addicted to figuring out what my decor (especially centerpieces!) will be, and how much of it I'll be able to make on my own!

What's new and exciting in your life? I'm on my LAST month of nursing school! Can't believe it and have already started looking up grad programs for some unknown reason (this will be my second college degree, so clearly I have a school problem...). But YAY and OMG for almost being done...now I just need a JOB!

Something Random? I have a rare day off today and it's amazing :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Checks for the month? Come up with the second half of the deposit for my wedding dress, so I can pick it up. It came in 5 months early! 
    Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Find a new reception venue and photographer.
    What's new and exciting in your life? I just started a new job!!! That's been keeping me super busy.
    Something Random? FI just got back from chasing a tornado.
  • Checks for the month? Photographer is my first priority now that we have a venue and ceremony site. We have a few appointments set up and I want to sign the contract by late August. I think we met the one we will use last night :) SO excited

Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Create a large master checklist for FI and myself, continue bugging MOB and FMIL for names/addresses of family members. Also our moms are throwing an engagement party for us in September but are involving me in the fun bits like making the invites etc.

What's new and exciting in your life? My FBIL just got engaged too :)

Something Random? I am literally high on life since my workout this morning. A great feeling :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • Checks for the month? Reserve church and reception hall for big day. Finish picking out bridal pary.

Plan on working on or trying to make happen? Relax!!! Enjoy the rest of the summer with my fiance and our kids.

What's new and exciting in your life? I got engaged!!! That's about it everything else has been pretty normal.

Something random? I am at work and it is very slow today.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards