GO
October 2011 Weddings

wedding dresses

have you got your dress or still looking or waiting add pics

i got mine in april just waiting to bring it home in a few weeks

this is mine

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: wedding dresses

• It's beautiful, congrats!  I'm holding off because I don't want to change my mind 18 million times...a little too early.
  • saorisenylsaorisenyl member
    100 Comments
    edited June 2010
    !
     edited to insert a pic, just figured out how to do that  Mine is in ivory thou.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going dress shopping for the very first time on Friday! Maybe I'll have a pic to add by the end of the day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • haha, wow! that's awesome you guys have your dresses!! i haven't even thought about dress shopping really. i'm with kristy. I don't want to change my mind a bazillion times, and then be stuck with something I don't want to wear!
  • I'm holding off.

I know the dress I really want to get, but I also really wanted to do the dress shopping with my Mom, so in August, me, my Mom, and my Mimi (Mom's Mom) are goign to go looking.  I'm keeping my mind open, while I know what dress I really want, my Mom and I both agree that we may find a dress I like much more.

I wanted my Mimi to go with us in August, because I don't think she got to go with my cousin when she got married 10 years ago, even though she is divorced now.  So for me, since I'm close to her, it was important for me that she go looking; that and she hasn't met the FI yet.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I just found mine last Saturday.  I plan on ordering this Saturday because it will be on sale.  I don't plan on looking after this.....I'm not one who changes my mind alot so I wasn't concerned about it being too early.Wink     My dress is the Maggie Sottero "Sasha".
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • mine is ivory too
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm browsing through magazines/catalogs just for ideas, but haven't started trying on yet.  Not to slight anyone who bought theirs already, but I just personally feel it's way too early to buy a dress.  A lot can change in the next 16 months.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's strange how many people say that it's too early, and the same amount say it's not.   I think it's all personality.  If you feel like you know what you want, and you're ready to order then why not do it?!  That's what I did.  I know weight gain and loss can also be an issue, but I'm not getting it altered right away so it isn't any different then waiting to order.....
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • In Response to Re: wedding dresses:
    I just found mine last Saturday.  I plan on ordering this Saturday because it will be on sale.  I don't plan on looking after this.....I'm not one who changes my mind alot so I wasn't concerned about it being too early.      My dress is the Maggie Sottero "Sasha".
    Posted by katiejo86
    I love Maggie Sottero's dresses they are all so beautiful,congrats on finding your dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you!  There are plenty of gorgeous ones!  And I'm getting it on sale..even better! ;)

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • I think it is just a personal preference if you want to purchase your dress early or not. Just like PP said stop looking after the purchase though. I know I have tried them on once and need to go back and try more on. If I find one I like no matter how early it is I would purchase it too. BTW it is really pretty. Congrats on finding one you love.
  • I've just been getting ideas, looking through magazines and whatnot. I thought it was really early to start looking but I stopped by a local bridal boutique with my bridesmaids just for fun and the lady suggested to order a dress in the fall (for a fall '11 wedding). Sometimes it can take up to 9 months for dresses to come in, which I had no idea about before.
    Btw, I love the dress you picked out! I've been looking at similar styles..
    Anniversary
  • I just ordered my dress 2 weeks ago, but it won't be in yet for a while. I'm super excited, and surprised actually, because I actually wound up buying the one dress I scratched off my "try on" list because it was too far out of my price range. I had good timing though- I went during a sale- and got 300 bucks off the thing. So here's my dress! Alfred Angelo Sapphire style 812 in Seashell.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • am I crazy for putting this off? I have no self confidence and this is just one thing I do not want to start doing right now. :( I thought it was too early but I guess it is all on personal preference. I am one to change my mind so I will wait a little while. BTW any suggestions on fall weddings dress styles?

• I am actually going shopping tomorrow with my mom, MOH, FG, grandma, and my aunt! it's going to be blast! I must go this early becuase my mom is actually making my dress and all my bridesmaids dresses (its her full time job) so we not only have to pick out the dress but I also have to pick out all the fabric for it too! :o)
  • Here's mine!  I ordered it a couple of weeks ago... I also thought it was too early, I had only planned on trying some dresses on to get ideas, but once I had this one on, I knew it was perfect for me.

image Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  well i found a dress that I fell in love with several months back...but i didnt have the money so i didnt buy it. now im on a major diet. i plan to lose 50 lbs by april..so i decided not to go ahead and buy the dress. the dress is a plus size dress and only comes in plus size so...if i lose that much weight it wont fit (it was already going to have to be majorly taken in) ive already lost 10 lbs so..40 more to go (but id still like to lose 50 MORE) so im not sure what im really going to do about finding ANOTHER dress that im that in love with once i lose the weight. but heres a picture

TTC SINCE NOVEMBER 2012

• All the dresses are so pretty :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re: wedding dresses:
    Here's mine!  I ordered it a couple of weeks ago... I also thought it was too early, I had only planned on trying some dresses on to get ideas, but once I had this one on, I knew it was perfect for me.
    Posted by chantelcutie7
    me too my mom wanted we to try on some to find out what i liked the weird thing is i took in 4 pics of dresses i wanted to try on the did not have them so i try similar ones and this one my mom picked i would have never took a second look into i tried it on and loved i thought i wanted a fully beaded lace dress but once i tried one on i hated
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of your dresses are so beautiful. I really WANT to go looking but I'm the over-analyze change my mind type of person so I'm putting it off.

October 2011:Our baby :)
    Jed <3 Ashlie updated 10/03/10</br>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited June 2010

Had my very first dress shopping appointment yesterday and, suprisingly, I found mine!!! Under budget, too, which is awesome! Also kind of nice to check something off of the to-do list. It's a Maggie Sottero (I knew I'd end up with a Maggie!) "Melissa Brooch".

I want to wear it all the time!! :P Here it is!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I havent bought mine yet but I have tried this one on and I am 99% sure I'm going with this one.  We are chaning out the brooch with something more classic and shiny like swarovski Smile

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Christmas Movie
    My Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, it is very beautiful, I haven't got my dress, but today my friends recommend me an online store, http://www.shopforlover.com, I found my favorite dress, I have ordered it , I 'm expecting it will beautiful,too
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards