Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Looking for a honeymoon to remember under $3000

We want to honeymoon somewhere luxurious, and tropical. My FI wants to have some sort of adventure. Water toys is what he keeps mentioning ;)
We really want to do all inclusive as I hear it can be cheaper. We have a budget of about 3000.00

I loved the look of the Dominican Republic, but heard that the is not much to do outside of the hotels.

My FI went to Belize on his first honeymoon, and so that part is not really on my wish list ;)

Any advice will be greatly helpful!

Re: Looking for a honeymoon to remember under $3000

• Options
    check out a cruise.  sometimes you can get some very affordable vacations out of it!
  • Options
    You can check out Sandals resorts in the Caribbean. I know there are some in the Bahamas, Jamaica, St. Lucia, etc. Depending on the room and airfare, you could probably do one of those under $3000.

You could also do someplace like Key West, which still has the water sports and tropical feel but flights may be cheaper (although I don't know that they have any AI's).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I would check out a cruise. A cruise will include your food and accomodations and if there is any money left over you can do some off the boat excurssions. Cruises are truly a good deal if you are on a strict budget.
    Anniversary
  • Options

We are doing a palace resort in Cancun for about 3200 - 7 days.  They are offering a $1500 resort credit right now that you can use towards activities, golf, spa, etc

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There are tons of places in your price range in the Riviera Maya-- some even 5 stars and adults only. You can rent all the water toys you want, go zip lining, visit ruins, and there are even eco parks with tons of water sports & snorkeling. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_looking-honeymoon-remember-under-3000?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:884705d0-82de-4d99-a209-1aefaa46833cPost:7e42106e-5f53-418b-be90-e2f14aa68203">Looking for a honeymoon to remember under $3000</a>:
    [QUOTE]We want to honeymoon somewhere luxurious, and tropical. My FI wants to have some sort of adventure. Water toys is what he keeps mentioning ;) We really want to do all inclusive as I hear it can be cheaper. We have a budget of about 3000.00 I loved the look of the Dominican Republic, but heard that the is not much to do outside of the hotels. My FI went to Belize on his first honeymoon, and so that part is not really on my wish list ;) Any advice will be greatly helpful!
    Posted by teresakate[/QUOTE]

I have went to the DR and there is PLENTY to do outside of the resorts. We stayed at the Occidental Grande at Pnta Cana and it was AMAZING! There are shows every night, a very popular club which is a 2 minute walk from the resort called Mangu, and during the day we did a boat cruise, jet ski, snorkel and horseback riding. I went in 2008 and we paid 1300 each (because we booked last minute) and it was all inclusive. I've also been to the Bahamas and Cabo San Lucas and have done the same thing. Best of Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    agree with PP, look at cruises and AI in areas you're interested in. where are you flying in from? we're paying over $900 for our two plane tickets because we are flying direct into San Juan. just something to keep in mind :)
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My travel agent mentioned several places that were just under $3000, and several of them were all inclusive (including airfare).  I think many places in Jaimaca, Punta-Cana and Riviera Maya are either just below or just under $3000 and totally doable!  Other ideas - like the girls have already said - cruises are definitely a wonderful option.  I've gone on several cruises in which the only extra really needed to pay for out of pocket are the drinks, everything else was included!  Cruises are also fun because they often do some extra highlights for the newly married couples!!

Good luck and have an amazing time :)
  • Options
    just checked your bio- are you getting married in oregon? i would also rec looking into catalina island. i spent part of a cruise there, and i loved it!! may not be exactly what your'e looking for though.
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing 5 nights in Aruba all-inclusive on the same budget.  We will probably go a little over when we add in excursion type things and dinner off our resort at least 1 or 2 nights.  I recommend at least consulting a travel agent.  She gave us ideas that we hadn't thought of.  There are definitely a lot of options out there within your budget. 
    We ran off to Vegas and got married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards