November 2011 Weddings

Another color question...

So my favorite season has always been fall, because of the colors. My favorite color is ruby red, and I wanted to incorporate it. But I don't want to go too "fall." I'm being a little quirky and wearing red shoes under my dress. That will happen, no matter what. So I want them to stand out. What are some suggestions for color palettes that will compliment the fall season without being too fall-ish? I don't want pink, or green.

My wedding will be vintage-esque, I'm looking for an antique white dress, and the house I'm getting married in is 200 years old. The ballroom walls are baby yellow. (The reason I throw that in is because my original thought was red, black and white but it seemed really harsh in that room.)
November 2011 Brides *April* Siggy Challenge

Honeymoon in Ireland
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Another color question...

• Gray?  I love gray, it goes well with the yellow in your ballroom, looks beautiful with red, and is a very cool color.  One of the girls on SB is doing gray and a reddish color for her wedding this November and it looks beautiful.
  • i agree with pp red and grey will look lovely together.  alternatively gingerbread brown or cofee brown will bring a warmer shade and will also compliment the yellow room, or if you still like the black and white bit how about doing red with damask accents?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• Lavendar and red? Or is that too springy? I saw it on MarthaStewart.com. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I found this website to be helpful: http://theperfectpalette.blogspot.com/

I've seen red and champagne, red and silver, red and plum, and red black white. I really like the red, slate gray, steal gray combos as well.
  • I'm having a fall wedding..and I'm actually going with like a slightly darker red and champagne..I think that makes it look vintagy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think red with damask accents would look sooo beautiful and vintage.  also you could use an ivory too.  I would just google it and you will get many ideas.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have seen a lot of beautful damask accents and linens! That would be pretty. The gray is a good idea too. Thanks ladies!

November 2011 Brides *April* Siggy Challenge

Honeymoon in Ireland
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Plum, Deep Red and Ivory <3

Feels warm just thinking about it. 
    Me (26) DH (26) TTC since March 2012. Dx: Hypothyroid in 2007.
    CD3 BW: Low AMH - .88; 7dpo BW - 10.3; SA: Normal; HSG - All Open. Genetic Testing revealed MTHFR - C (hetero)
    1st RE Appt 10.24.12
    Oct. 2012: 100mg Clomid (CD3-7)+ Ovidrel (CD12) + TI = P4-35.9 = BFP 11/16/12 (12dpo)t!!
    Beta #1 (11/19) =142! Beta #2 (11/21) = 303!, Beta #3 (11/23) = 640!
    EDD: 07/31/2013!
    My Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards