• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2011 Weddings

Koda -- Sleepers

What did you think?

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed, but only because I had previously seen the movie.  Since mostly all books are better then movies, I thought that the book would go into more depth about their time at Wilkinsons.  In reality, the book only elaborated more on their lives prior to Wilkinsons.  Overall I still thought it was very good.

I thought it was interesting to see how out of the four boys, John and Tommy were portrayed to be the most kind and fun loving in their youth, but then ended up with the most tortured souls.  Along with the complete opposite for Michael.

someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie

Re: Koda -- Sleepers

• I agree about loving the way their friendship was portrayed.  And yes, they were all little shits, but I agree with you, they never ment any harm in the things they did and it was very easy to route for them.

I think Michael throwing his career away in the end showed not only his friendship for them, but the piece of him that wanted revenge.  It proved that even though John and Tommy were the two "fcuk ups" whos anger was palpable, that Shakes and Michael were still battling their own demons and how far he would go for his own justice.  And it was definitely justice, no doubt about it.

The football game was appalling.  It did show the nievity of teenage boys though.  If they were older Im sure they wouldnt have thought twice about proving a point.  It all goes back to the hot dog cart incident that landed them there in the first place.  At that age, they were just too young to see the consequences of their actions.

I definitely suggest you see the movie, it was very good and like I said, didnt stay too far from the book.  It only lacked slightly in the building of their friendship in hells kitchen.
    someecards.com - Sorry the America you fought for became a place that created a Justin Bieber movie
  • I agree about the coming full circle with Father Bobby.  And seriously, watch the movie!  There really isnt much of a let down at all and the cast is great.

The trial could definitely have been longer, especially since trials usually take forever, but I guess since it also followed Shakes getting everything together for the trial it just seemed like it was much shorter.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards