November 2011 Weddings

11/11/11 prices

Im not 100% needing this date but I would like to keep it. I have talked to on venue that has a minimum amount you can spend because of that date...is that common? We are looking at other venues this weekend and if all of them are doing that it looks like we are going to have to change the date of our bargin wedding....

Re: 11/11/11 prices

• Hi. I live in south florida and I haven't heard of that.  I too want that date, but I'm waiting til Saturday because someone else has that date on hold until Saturday. Hopefully, the don't put the deposit down and it can be mine! If I don't have the
    11th then I will choose the 4th.  Keep looking around and Good luck to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • I have that date & the only thing we had to agree to was the number of people for a Friday night wedding, which in our place for our location is 100 people. We've booked for 100 & if we have more we'll just pay for them.
  • I have heard of minimum spending and number of guests for certain days of the week, but not dates.  However, I can see how a date like 11/11/11 might have a minimum. 

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The venue I have booked in NH requires we meet a minimum amount but only because it is a Friday night not because the date is 11/11/11
  • We're doing 11/11/11 too and our venue required 110 people just because of the room size. We looked at at least 6 other venues and the only requirements they had were numbers for the sizes of the rooms, it had nothing to do with the date but in some of the places Saturday weddings were more expensive while Fridays and Sundays were cheaper.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dalilah...where are you getting married? I was going to get married in NH, but decided to stay local.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I booked our venue back in Nov of last year.  When I was looking around some people said i had to have saturday night prices because it was popular and I wouldnt recieve the Friday night special discount.  I was determined to find a place that didnt do that.  So keep looking unless you cant find anything else.  I dont think its right since its a "popular date" for them to do that.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hey, Hellokatie0517, I'm a Boston November 2011 bride as well.  Where are you getting married?  I'm getting married in Brookline on 11/12/11.
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • is it weird to be booking and signing contracts 15 months in advance for my wedding on 11-11-11??
  • In Response to Re: 11/11/11 prices:
    is it weird to be booking and signing contracts 15 months in advance for my wedding on 11-11-11??
    Posted by LolaFalana24

not at all! I got engaged on April 14th, and we're getting married on 11-11-11. We booked our reception hall on April 24th and we've already signed contracts for our photographer and DJ! it's never too early to start! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding date is November 11th, 2011

244 invited 98 accepted! 12 can't make it 134 haven't responded yet
    RSVP Date October 25th, 2011

• we got engaged on 5/20...OF LAST YEAR.  ha.  and we started looking and booking for 11/11/11 as soon as we knew that was the date we wanted.  we figured we had to be on top of it, because it would be such a popular date.

never too soon to start!

oh, and i agree with the philosophy that just because it's a special date, they shouldn't jerk you around with the prices!  so ridiculous.
    Anniversary
  • Our venue has a minimum price requirement on Saturday nights, but nothing because of dates. They actually let us book earlier than usual BECAUSE  the date would be popular...I say keep looking...I'm in the process of finding a photgrapher right now and one of their emails said "11.11.11 is bound to be the most popular date of the year, you have to start early"

Anniversary
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Cocktail:White Russian
    Photobucket
  • I've booked my venue (one spot for both ceremony and reception) photographer, caterer, and DJ and not one tried to give me different pricing or impose restrictions. I plan on only having 60-70 people at my wedding so I was worried about that but nope, I got the same pricing that everyone else did :)
  • A lot of people weren't even aware of the date. It's like once I said 11/11/2011, then the lightbulb came on. So to avoid that, I'll say November 11th next year. So will get it and some won't. However, I have not run into that problem.  

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards