November 2011 Weddings

Shoulder Surgery

So I had shoulder surgery a few weeks ago, (kind of why I've been MIA haha) and the doctor said my incisions would be small and un noticeable, and they aren't! I have four two in the front and two in the back of my left shoulder! I'm disappointed now that they haven't started fading at all! So i guess my question is does anyone know of anything or have used anything that will cover scars? And at the same time look natural? 
November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
Daisypath Wedding tickers
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Shoulder Surgery

• i had knee surgery about 12 yrs ago, i was told to put pure vitamin E oil on the scar. you can maybe try this or bio oil.    i have no idea whether this did anything or not, but trust me it will fade anyway.  2 weeks is still really early days so im guessing its red and protruding?  mine has flattened out and is really pale now, you can only tell when im tanned and even then you have to really look hard, it doesnt jump out

im sure by your wedding it will have faded, if not you can enquire about some camo make upto cover it for the day. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Honeymoon Sunset

Anniversary

• I agree with pp, vit E oil is really good.  you just had surgery not too long ago, give it some time, but when your wedding day comes and its still bothering you just tell your make-up artist and they can cover it up nicely.  My FSIL had some scars on her face and neck from a dog attack when she was younger and the make-up artist did an amazing job! HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • Def use vit E for right now.  Since its only been a couple of weeks you still have a fresh scar.  I would use it twice a day if you can.  Also in a couple of months after that if you still are not happy i would use mederma.  It works wonders but i wouldnt use it on fresh scars.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had major abdominal surgery 2 years ago, and my stomach is covered in scars.  They have flattened out now, but they are still fairly reddish/purple even after two years.  Whenever I wear a bikini to the beach, I cover them up with an amazing makeup called dermablend.  It is waterproof, won't irritate your skin, and won't rub off on your clothes.  My mother uses the same brand to cover her scars from elbow surgery, and we both love it.  It provides serious coverage, you won't be able to see the scar at all.  The first time FI saw me with the makeup covering the scars, he was seriously confused.  They really disappear under this makeup. 
  • Is dermablend Expensive?

Photobucket
  • I think I paid $50 for the tube of dermablend and the setting powder combined.  One purchase really lasts, though, because it only takes a tiny dab to cover even a sizable scar.  I don't use mine every day, but my mother does and one tube seems to last her 4-6 months.  I found this brand at JCPenney, but there is a dermablend website with more information: http://www.dermablend.com/index.aspx
  • Thanks so much! I would only need it for the wedding day! On a regular basis I don't mind them showing, makes me look cool! haha :]

Thanks for the info! 

Photobucket
  • i had surgery on my feet alomst 3 years ago and although they faded a little they are still there!  How is your shoulder? My doc reccomended I have it (partially torn rotator cuff) but i havent gotten up the nerve to do it yet. I just keep pushing through the pain. I guess eventually Ill have to give in.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards