November 2011 Weddings

What flowers are you having for your wedding?

I was looking forward to having Hydrangeas for my wedding as I love the color blue but found out that they die pretty fast when out of water so now I'm stuck as to what to have & need some inspiration.

Thanks.

Re: What flowers are you having for your wedding?

• i love hydrangeas. why wouldnt you keep them in water?? you can also keep them in a cool enviroment, they will last longer. HTH
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
  • We are having:

Mini mango calla lilies 
    Circus roses
    orange roses
    blue thistle 
    orange gerber daisies 
    Orange freesia 
    Orange protea 
    blue delphinium 

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Have you guys already met with your florist? Or are these just ideas you have in mind? Sometimes I feel so behind with my planning.  I haven't foggiest idea as to what I want for flowers.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have been emailing and chatting on the phone with our florist because we are getting married 4 hours away from where we live. She gave me all of our ideas, I basically just gave her the colors. I was sure I wouldn't be able to afford roses and we discovered we could, so make sure you don't exclude something you love because you think you can't have it, there just may be a possibility! :]

November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I have no idea yet. I was pretty set on doing real touch or something like that, but my mom was all about looking into florists the last time I talked to her. The flowers are one thing I'm going to be picky about, so it really depends on how much real flowers will be and the variety I have with real flowers vs. fake.

I have this weird thing with white calla lillies. I don't know if it's from the funerals I've been to or what, but I was pretty much against them. However, I hear they keep up really well and the calla's in different colors can be very pretty. Since I'll be doing pretty obvious fall colors, I don't want very obvious fall flowers like big sunflowers and stuff like that.

Geri, maybe look around on the internet and see what you can get in Real Touch and stuff like that. I hear the nice stuff looks just like real flowers and you don't have to worry about water and all of that.
  • I am going with red, and cream roses along with other red accent flowers. I am meeting with my potential florist this weekend, so we'll see how it goes :)

Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: What flowers are you having for your wedding?:
    [QUOTE I have this weird thing with white calla lillies. I don't know if it's from the funerals I've been to or what, but I was pretty much against them. However, I hear they keep up really well and the calla's in different colors can be very pretty. Since I'll be doing pretty obvious fall colors, I don't want very obvious fall flowers like big sunflowers and stuff like that.
    Posted by Birdie1483[/QUOTE]

Birdie, my SIL had maroon calla lillies at her wedding.  They were gorgeous! I hear you about the typical fall flowers.  But, yes calla lillies in different colors are really pretty.

Planning Bio ~ Updated 9/23/11

Wedding Countdown Ticker

D-Day is 11.5.11

128 invited 102 Party People 23 Party Poopers 3 Wishy Washies
    The harassment begins on 10.15.11!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Katie, that's what I've been seeing and has changed my opinion on them! :) I've seen maroon calla lillies with red roses and thought it looked really nice. It takes the traditional and adds a slight touch of fall without being too in your face.
  • I am thinking about orange tiger lillies, and what everaccent colors that will go with them.
    Marrying my Bestie for Life Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't really thought about flowers yet either HelloKatie, so I don't think your behind. Or we're just both behind together.

SaraJenae thanks for that great list of flowers. I had no idea what some of them were, but I looked them up and I love the orange freesia. Those are some really great ideas. Your wedding is going to be beautiful!
  • I have just thought about the flowers: white and red lilies....
    Maybe some calla lilies and orchids... but no roses at all...
    I'm getting my flowers from a friend that has a wholesale business and I will do my bouquet and centerpieces myself... that makes me a little nervous....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards